View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone...My partner and I have today after a lot of time and research purchased a property in the village of Radanovo (30kms north of VT).
We first started looking at buying in BG when we were living in Turkey about 6 years ago..really pleased we didn't purchase back then as the prices have certainly come down since then!
We moved back to Spain again over 3 years ago and have been keeping an eye on the market here in Bulgaria. In January decided that it was time for us to come back over and look again at buying and moving here full time.
We decided for various reasons to concentrate our search on 2 areas, Firstly the Yambol and surrounding areas and secoundly the VT region.
We arranged to come over for 2 weeks and meet up with 2 different Estate agents.
The first 3 days were spent in Yambol being shown around properties by a company called Bulgarianrealestateonline I must say that we found the couple running the company and the staff extremally friendly and very helpfull, also arranging for us to meet up with some other British couples one evening for a meal giving us a chance to hear first hand from other expats their expiriences in regards to making the move to Bulgaria.
We then travelled to VT to meet up with a company called Stara Planina and spent 3 days viewing various properties with a really pleasent and very helpfull guy called Oggi.
With both estate agents we never felt pressured into purchasing any particular property which was surprising considering the state of the market at the moment.
Within just 1 day of being in VT we had decided that this was definatly the area we wanted to be in as in our opinion it offers so much more than the Yambol region...a really lovely area, fantastic scenary, excellent shopping, bars and places to visit.
We eventually found a great property at the right price in a large village about 50mtrs off of the main road heading North out of VT so really accesable during the winter months and only 25 mins drive into the centre of VT.
Hopefully everything should be completed within the next 2 mths and we look forward to moving over to BG then full time.
Sorry for such a long post!!
It would also be great to hear from anyone else living in the same area.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

I think this person has just made a terrible mistake and yes it does spoil someone else’s party even though it’s her view it should be in this post in my opinion
Back to top Go down
raveydaveygravey
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:52 pm

by the way mate, your forum name is me down to a tee
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm

I think that post was that person reflection on Bulgaria, is not what a forum is for??? if all everyone does is say its all roses etc which its not, how can people get a fair view from people who are living here

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Be nice folks, otherwise I will have to lock the topic or remove some posts.

Thanks
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
raveydaveygravey
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:59 pm

it's a bit like writing in someones birthday card '1 year closer to death!'

just inapropriate i thought,

good luck to borntolaze is what the thread should be about.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:05 pm

I agree with Fletch but not in this topic the is a celebration so it doesn’t really belong in this thread although it does have a place on the forum elsewhere
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
by the way mate, your forum name is me down to a tee

I thought this was a bit inappropriate too.

That's why I asked people to calm down.

I will lock this topic if replies are not suitable for this forum.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:17 pm

to any one thinking of moving to bulgaria I have one word DONT its just a nothing country nothing going for it cant think of one good reason to come here as soon as the time is right we are off if we could go now we would I am envious of folk who have made it work but doubt if we ever will just want a bit more than bulgaria has to offer junenan

I think everything was fine in this thread until the post above.

Junenan ... if your particular experience has not been a happy one, then fine. But please, don't try to add doom and gloom to those that are setting out on this journey. They may well have far better experience than you obviously have.

I won't lock this topic for the moment, but would encourage a bit of support from our members for 'borntolaze' for his new life in our country.

Ashley, if you want me to delete all posts and including that of Junenan's, then just let me know.

Many Thanks
Chris
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Good luck to you.and hope you have made the right choice,my wife and i love Bulgaria.we have only been here 7 months,but in this time it has lived up to everything we expected,a proper 4 seasons of weather,and a bonus snow at xmas,fantasic village life,you will enjoy it here

Mike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm

I do believe for the time being it should be left but as said lets not spoil someone else's future this is a celebration thread as already said so lets keep it that way, and if your intent on doing nothing but moaning about Bulgaria on this thread then expect for it to be removed!!

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi borntolaze
Welcome to your new home [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Congratulations on your purchase and hope all goes well for you. Bulgarians are usually ready to accept you into their communities
and usually quite ready to sit on a rickerty old bench seat outside the local shop with a glass of home made brew with you, you will also find most of them are hard working honest people, but please take my advice and be vigilant at all times. Good luck

Easy mistake I've corrected it for you Bryan

Ashley
Back to top Go down
hev
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Willowsend

I think you may be a little mixed up it is not Junenan that has bought a new home I beleive that Junenan wants to go back to uk I think it is borntolaze that has a new home and we all wish them good luck in this new venture

Hev
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 pm

We love it here! and yes, with its ups and downs.It will be what you make it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] All the best Borntolaze [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Willowsend

I think you may be a little mixed up it is not Junenan that has bought a new home I beleive that Junenan wants to go back to uk I think it is borntolaze that has a new home and we all wish them good luck in this new venture

Hev
You are quite correct, old age is a terrible thing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I see Admin has taken pity on me and corrected it
Thanks all
Back to top Go down
Debbss
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Just bought a property!   Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:48 pm

We too have just purchased a house in BG, and are very excited about it. I hope that we are not, in a few years/months, as fed up with it as junenan, however that is life, what suits one person will never suit another. I feel that we have done lots of research so shouldnt get too many disappointments on the way - however I am also a realist and know that no matter how much research I have done the cold hard reality may be completely different. I think the post should stay as another side of the story!
but .........................yippeeee I am so excited that we have done it!!
Debbs xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought a property!   

Back to top Go down

Just bought a property!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next