View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

while i love my life in Bulgaria and have done for the years i have been here, i am starting to wonder why many of us choose to support each other in the ''expats'' way of doing things.

As many of you are aware that the world is in crisis because of the recession and times in Bulgaria are becoming very tough, especially for my generation. I am 25 years old and have decided to settle here on the coast, one of the reasons were because i was hoping to enjoy the company of other expats in the area. However there are always some ready to knock you down!

Moving to the coast with two very small children and starting up a buisness when my husband is out of work seemed the right thing to do and with the support of friends and family we decided to do it.

As you all know weather has been terrible and therefore we have been unable to attend the market on a thursday, which is a huge slog for us as obviously we loose an income. The website is doing ok...but slow which is to be expected as it is new, so someone gave me a great hand and said, in ravda there is a table top sale on the 17th of feb....and then someone else told me about it and someone else and lots of others. They said its a great way to meet new people in the area and prmote the buisness. I was so please especially as i thoug its one day more we can make up for missing the market!

Anyway i have just been told i can only sell the accessories and not the clothes as there is someone else seeling clothes already! The accessories i have are great but when promoting a buisness i feel its important to promote all of it and espeiclaly as the clothes are the bulk of the business. I do not have enough accessories any way as most of them have sold out. After waiting for 4 days for judgement day for an answer it is not enough time for me to order more stock and have it here in time!

So thanks Captain for knocking me off the last step. You could had helped a young willing hardworking family to climb the ladder but insetad you knocked us off!!!!

support needed please!!!!!!!!!!!! since when did we start turning our backs on each other? its hard enough living in a different country never mind during the time of recession and there is no work available!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Fair play to you Amy go for it girl

http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
hev
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi

I don't make the decisions on who joins the table sale. I merely make my premises available - free of charge.

if thats the case he wont stop you selling any goods, so first come first served as the tables are free I would have thought its ok to take all of your goods

or maybe I am reading this wrong

Hev.
Back to top Go down
Loupylou

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Sorry to be so in your face ,but this has been going on for 3 pages smallsteps , the time you have been moaning about making a crust !you could of done half a dozen markets , enough people on here have told you different venues and heres another one ,Sunday market at Hitrino just north of Shumen , our friend comes from Varna every week!! Also Shumen vegetable market every Tuesday does car boots as well, just pull up ,put out your wares and off you go!! As long as you are prepared to barter and not expect Angleechanee parry
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 pm

To let you know yes that is a bit in my face, and how do you know if i have or havent been pulling up and putting out my wares!!!

I am utterly offended thankyou very much and this discussion has been finshed with days ago. Another thing what i expect or do not expect is my buisness and if you see the clothes are anyway at the same price as the bulgarians market and if not they are cheaper!!!!

I do not feel this comment was helpful at all, and if you read all the above you will see i was asking help and support of finding a solution to the problem and other ideas to help me get on my way!!!!

I am trying to make a crust thankyou and i don't have to justify myself to someone that obviously feels they have the right to judge someone they nothing about!!!
Back to top Go down
Loupylou

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 pm

I can understand the capts attitude if you go off in the way you have ,just trying to help as to where you could go!!
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:21 pm

yes i understand you and i am thankful for that. I was offended because your judging me and insinuating that i have just been moaning and doing nothing! I felt it a little unfair especially when you do not know what i am doing. It is not fair to judge people loupylou and the captains attitude towards my situation was not personal.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:26 pm

I fear this is going Please stick to the topic thanks

Oddy

mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:32 pm

now now we don't want arguments on the forum,there has been some good advice given on this topic,and it is good to discuss everything,but lets keep it positive and do our best for littlesteps,earning a living here is not easy,and i know that myself

Mike
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Yes thanks guys!!!

Off to a table top tomorrow, just outside of varna!!!! thanks to you guys on here for helping me out!!!! wish me luck!!!

thanks, and for the record i do not want to argue with anyone.......i merely want to make friends!!!
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 pm

We wish you a good day and hope all goes well

Oddy

scott
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Good luck littlesteps and I hope its a good day
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi,

today started off not so well, we didnt make it to the table top for one reason and another so we will try again tomorrow and hit the shumen one!!!

Loupyloo please can you give me more details of the one tomorrow and the boot tuesday! looked at weather forecast and seems wel enough to risk it!

The sitter is here already so will be able to leave early as needed.

Infor needed, time, price per pitch and exact location please! I knwo you said north or shumen, but do you have the name of the location/place?

Thanks in advance, and maybe see you tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:45 pm

hi loupy loo we have arrangments now to go to yambol, its closer and weathr looks a little off, we can sell inside also.....thanks details still be good though please and maybe meet next time.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Nice one Littlsteps where in Yambol are you going?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: are we supporting one another?   Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:02 pm

LittleSteps wrote:
hi loupy loo we have arrangments now to go to yambol, its closer and weathr looks a little off, we can sell inside also.....thanks details still be good though please and maybe meet next time.

Good luck and I wish you well for tomorrow

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are we supporting one another?   

Back to top Go down

are we supporting one another?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next