Share | 

What's your favourite tipple ????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 7:23

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

This forum should be interesting , as drinking in Bulgaria is a passtime for some, So lets hear about your new or favourite drinks in Bulgaria
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Sun 25 Oct 2009 - 11:13

yeah prob is ill have to taste it b4 i put it away,,,an u know then the bottle wont go away heehee,then with the pills an vino ill b
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 23:05

Oddy

cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 7:18

right finished my biotics got hang over pills as recommended,now lets look at these wine making reciepes,this should b a laugh.let u know in a week or so,what each one tastes like an how easy they r 2 do.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 9:40

cidcelia Go girl!! That will keep you busy now tell spriing, then you can start all over again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oddy

abracadabra
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 11:14

I haven't tried boza yet (not sure if I fancy it from the descriptions) but I have tried Bulgarian Ayran - home made by a very kind BG lady we met on a hot day - but really like the Turkish version which is lighter and very refreshing.

As far as wine goes, we normally drink red, but had a bottle of white Mezzek given to us and tried it, and it was very good. I generally avoid white as I find it acidic but would buy the Mezzek. Our favourite red at the moment is the Domain Boyar Cabernet Sauvgnon. Really inexpensive and a smooth taste. Yum.

Not keen on rakia, but a friend here put peaches in hers and that tasted better. Still not keen though, although Bulgarian rakia is a positive delight compared to Serbian rakia which is a close relation to industrial strength paint stripper. On the one and only occasion I tried it it took me nearly 2 hours to sip away at half a tot glass! Truly vile stuff, but it had to be drunk so as not to cause offence!

Abra
Back to top Go down
cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 13:01

ohhhhhh GOD not only now have i 2 make an drink my own vino,,,theres now ones people r recommending,an cause its on here ive just got to try them,,,,,i think this winters gonna b very short 4 me at least,cause with all this vino,i aint gonna remember any thing ,an i think im gonna have quite a few days . ohhh well just so as i can tell u lot what these vinos r like,ill do it,just remember its all in the name of FRIENDS im doin this 4. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 14:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ohhhhhh just remember its all in the name of FRIENDS im doin this 4. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah right

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Lorka

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 9:14

Thank the heavends that I have never heard of it....let alone tried it.

I'll stick to Rakia....
Back to top Go down
cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Fri 6 Nov 2009 - 9:50

ohhhh tried that as well,,,,no dont like it ill just stick to my vino,thank u.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 21:20

Here is a bit of possible bad news ???

Bulgaria moots higher excise on beer

Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry was considering an increase in the beer excise duty, sources familiar with the issue told Dnevnik. No details have been agreed yet and the Finance Ministry was not available for immediate comment.

According to proposed amendments to the excise legislation, which were passed by Parliament at first reading, a higher excise duty will only be imposed on cigarettes. Finance Minister Simeon Dyankov said in October that the gambling tax might also be increased. His earlier proposal for a higher excise on spirits was rejected by Prime Minister Boiko Borissov.

Currently, the excise duty on beer is 1.50 leva a hectolitre/degrees Plato, ranging from 0.075 to 0.082 leva a bottle.

The Union of Brewers in Bulgaria (UBB) were taken unawares of the news, saying they have not been approached on the matter. If realised, the plans will deal a heavy blow to local breweries and related sectors, deepening the stagnation prompted by the economic meltdown that dragged down beer sales by 10 per cent in the first nine months of the year, UBB chief secretary Ivana Radomirova told Dnevnik.

The move could pull the plug on investments in the brewing industry, setting off a wave of job cuts, UBB said.

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 22:29

Prime Minister Boiko Borissov must be a spirit drinker.

A higher tax on beer is the start of the slippery slope..... Less people can afford to drink beer, so less revenue......... Put uo tax again, less people can afford to drink beer, so less revenue.......Put up tax again, less people can afford to drink beer, so less revenue........ and so on.

Seen it in the UK, look at all the pubs closed down, and an awful lot empty and for lease.
And all the associated jobs gone, probably for ever.

Don't you think there's a lesson there, maybe somebody should tell Finance Minister Simeon Dyankov about it, he's got time to prevent it happening in BG.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 10:53

its the same story everywhere its just a shame that this is probably the beginning of the slippery slope they can Greed and the EU
sarah
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 11:05

Yes Sarah,

Think that's the word .... Greed
Back to top Go down
cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 14:28

it will soon b the same as u.k soon if they do this,no one will b able to afford to go out for a few drinks.therefore theyll find a way of getting cheaper booze somehow,then stay indoors with friends.that means the small pub owners having to close,etc etc etc getting the picture.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 15:08

seems there is a new wine on the bulgarian market

"
Golden"
Wine - New Hit on the Market

A selected "
golden"
wine, produced from five different brands of grapes, has been released on the Bulgarian market. The name of this divine beverage is Perpera, which means "
gold coin"
. The red wine, produced at "
Villa Lyubimetz"
is an exquisite blend of Cabernet, Merlot, Sirah, Mavrud and Rubin. It combines the flavours of typically Bulgarian brands of wine with the universal and well-known taste of Cabernet and Merlot. According to the experts, this kind of wines will open the doors of the international markets to the Bulgarian production.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite tipple ????   

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite tipple ????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next