Share | 

Weather

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Weather   Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

Today the weather in Kesarevo is much like UK weather and the temp is around the same as well. It is overcast, the sun is trying to come out, but it is not cold. I can still go out in the garden in my t shirt. The time here is 9.00am

We've had 5 days of on off rain, some of those were heavy rain for most of the day. So the air here is damp, just like the Uk. Arthritis sufferers will feel it here at the moment, as the damp is getting into my bones and my joints are hurting, so just like the Uk in normal weather.

It is not now oppresively hot like it has been, we've had 50C + in the sun in this village. The average this summer has been in the 40'sC to 48 ish most days. Now it is possible to work outside all day.

The last 3 days we've had the air con on, in heating mode, to take the chill off the rooms. But petchkas are not on just yet. The way the weather is going it would seem it is time to get the derva (wood) ready for the fires as I think the fires will be working soon, much earlier than normal here in Kesarevo. In this village it is normally very warm till end of October, but I think not this year. I think the winter this year should not be as bad as last year, we seem to get a bad winter, then a good one, altenating every year.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
anglachanka
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Weather   Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:44 am

The best things I brought with me when I moved to Bulgaria in preparation for the cold weather were my thermals ....even have them on under pajamas when the temperatures really dive and the fake fur bed throw I got from Matalan in the UK.
That is absolutely fantasic and I defy anyone to be cold with one of those on your bed, especially if you have pre-warmed the bed with a cosy electric blanket before jumping in.

Summer is a whole different story as it is much harder to keep cool than it is to warm oneself up, but we are never as extreme as 50 degrees here in the nroth-west, I think the very top day has only ever been 42 and that is unusual, usually high twenties to mid thirties which is quite hot enough.

Now is glorious with stiff beezes, sunshine and blue skies, so long may it last before the winter arrives in full force. Still a nice log fire to look forward to I suppose, and Christmas of course, so not all bleakness.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Weather   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:59 pm

The last 3 winters down here on the coast have been a lot warmer than the past 10 years (maybe something in global warming) but I have to say I have felt a lot colder, as its been more of a damp cold than a crisp dry cold. Have to say when we travel to Lom and Vidin in the winter it is cold, also far to hot in summer for me. Mind what is this thing with the British and weather.

PostSubject: Weather   Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi all, I live just outside Burgas and today it is grey with a slight chill in the air. Definitly cardigan time and a coat is needed in the evening. Speaking of evenings, it is dark here at 6.50, can't wait for the clocks to go back and give us an extra hour of daylight.

I have to agree with the other posters, Tony, Oldun and Fletch. The seasons here are extreme. Hot is HOT and cold IS COLD, I still remember the year it was MINUS 28. I do love the cosy evenings by the fire, lights dimmed (to save on electric :lol:), a nice meal bubbling away on the woodburner that's giving that lovely glow......But what about the work involved :roll:

An endless production line of stacking, restacking, kindling, chopping, more chopping. No wonder when we sit down to watch something interesting on the TV we fall asleep. :)

lorka
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Weather   Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Being a sort off newbie to the site. I noticed that there is a weather section at the bottom of the portal page.

As so many people live in and around the Yambol area could this be added to the information.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Weather   Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Tony I've added the closest weather station I can find to Yambol which is Slivan but you may also have noticed that mickhev has his own weather station and he is based in Boyadzhik which is just outside Yambol so it may well be the station to check? have a word with Mike and I will see if I can find anything closer than Slivan

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Last edited by 2 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Weather   Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Tonyb nice to see you on the forum please check out my weather station its very informative and up to date

Mike
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Weather   Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks Mick

Lots of info I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Weather   

Back to top Go down

Weather

View previous topic View next topic Back to top