HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 Does age really matter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scott
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:44 pm

I thought I would start this topic off because I have read that Bulgarians tend to have a big age difference with their partners, thats not to say this is only applicable to Bulgaria because it happens all over so my question is what is acceptable as an age difference and should there be a acceptable difference ? and what do you think of males who have a partner that is say half their age or less, and the same for a woman who has a partner half her age or less, but I do believe its the male that is more likely to choose a much younger partner?
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6993
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:40 am

Scott thanks

I work in the pensions dept for an insurance company and of course all my clients are over 50 some are even in their 90ies and to answer your questions 'does age matter' No, not all all. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Most people who are in their 70ies and 80ies are coherent, alert, attentive, active, funny and have a wonderful sense of humor. The males are particularly proud of the fact they have a younger wife and good luck to them.

I really enjoy talking to people of all ages but the pensioners do love to chat The women are rather shy when it come to announcing their husbands/partners are younger, for some reason they always state 'I have a toy boy' Yet you would never hear the males say 'I have a toy girl or whatever phase is used' I often wondered why that is

One of the ladies I used to work with was 59 and she has a boyfriend of 45 - you would not believe the gossip - All I say is, good luck to them It's the person that matters not their age

Clap:

Oddy

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
Gimp
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 863
Join date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Good point oddball but I think scott is asking about huge age gaps like a male of 60 and a female of 25? And maybe visa versa? I would say that and age gap of this kind would be a little questionable from the males point of view but who know how love works it’s a very difficult one this so apart from what I've said which isn't much I don't really know ?
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 197
Join date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:50 pm

My sister in law is 60 and my brother is 46.He now hates it, as he has to go to work and his wife stays at home as she has now retired.As she said she has worked hard all her life its her time to rest, his time will come. I say good on her [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 613
Join date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:25 pm

I have mixed feelings about this matter I think its of if your talking about maybe 10 or 12 years but I think when the age gap is 30 years well I think its bordering on being indecent this is only my view and I know it won't be shared by all but think about it for a minute if your daughter came home with a bloke and lets say she was 30 and the bloke was 65 how would you feel ?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:39 pm

The age gap [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Young girl old man rings of Sugar Daddy

Young man old girl rings of Toy Boy

Yes age matters especially when one gets into the big seventies and needs pushing around.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:32 pm

meandmine wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this matter I think its of if your talking about maybe 10 or 12 years but I think when the age gap is 30 years well I think its bordering on being indecent this is only my view and I know it won't be shared by all but think about it for a minute if your daughter came home with a bloke and lets say she was 30 and the bloke was 65 how would you feel ?
I totally agree with you,being 65 and my daughter being 30 i would think he has either got a lot of money or a lot of something else,either way i would still think of him as a dirty old man and her wanting her head tested [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6993
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Loupylou wrote:
meandmine wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this matter I think its of if your talking about maybe 10 or 12 years but I think when the age gap is 30 years well I think its bordering on being indecent this is only my view and I know it won't be shared by all but think about it for a minute if your daughter came home with a bloke and lets say she was 30 and the bloke was 65 how would you feel ?
I totally agree with you,being 65 and my daughter being 30 i would think he has either got a lot of money or a lot of something else,either way i would still think of him as a dirty old man and her wanting her head tested [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Oddy

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
starlite
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 1784
Join date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 821
Join date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 pm

I'm with Loupylou I totally agree with you Lou I know that some girls will go with an older man because they are seeking a father figure but lets be honest you wouldn't sleep with your dad and in most cases a dad wouldn't sleep with his daughter so from the blokes point of view it can really only be about sex I would think but as rightly pointed out by Tony a younger woman is going to end up pushing a wheel chair around I know that in some cases it does work but I think in this day and age its not something I personally would consider right!!
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1186
Join date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:08 pm

sallyann wrote:
I'm with Loupylou I totally agree with you Lou I know that some girls will go with an older man because they are seeking a father figure but lets be honest you wouldn't sleep with your dad and in most cases a dad wouldn't sleep with his daughter so from the blokes point of view it can really only be about sex I would think but as rightly pointed out by Tony a younger woman is going to end up pushing a wheel chair around I know that in some cases it does work but I think in this day and age its not something I personally would consider right!!

All I can say is I think for my money your right on all counts, and to add to it if age doesn't matter then look at it this way how would it seem if it were an 18 year old female with a 50 year old male? its still 30+ years however you look at it
Back to top Go down
junenan
Junior user
Junior user


Posts : 38
Join date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:32 am

I am 77 my partner is 61 we are well suited and never think of the age gap until we get daft remarks like your old enough tobe his mother ,you have a toy boy which I can assure anyone he is not & I never feel motherly , love him yes we try not to let on about us but try not to take any notice I think sometimes people are just a bit envious because we are happy ::
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:20 am

Apart from the jesting about "
Sugar Daddies' and 'Toy Boys' as long as your happy who really gives a dam. What is age anyway its just a number

My missus is older than I am, when we were in our teens she was embarrassed at first. Mind you its only a year and a couple of months. But in those days her friends took the mick but now, well who cares we don't, forty four years on we are still here and normally quite happy with our lot.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user


Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:14 am

My 21 year old daughter could do with going out with a guy in his 30's who's grown up a little bit ( it there one?! LOL) as her heart has been broken by a guy her own age.

My son of 24 lives with his girlfriend whose 28. It is currently causing a few problems as she wants to go travelling and then have babies and he's half way through his uni degree.

My ex got involved with a girl of 16 when he was 40, she completely destroyed his life, took every ounce of self respect and money. Then had his baby and buggered off!

One of my best mates had a relationship with a guy of 19 when she was 40. It lasted 4 years but at the end of the day he had his whole future ahead of thim, wanted children and all that, she already been there got the t shirt etc. They broke up but to this day and she is now 54 she still says he was the love of her life and hasn't had another serious relationship. So, was that good for her or not?

I don't think it's a good idea to have too big a gap either way as the saying goes "
It's not the looking into each others eyes that matters, but that both are looking outwards in the same direction"
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user


Posts : 799
Join date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Does age really matter?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:03 am

The question here is "
Does age really matter?"
and a simple answer in my opinion is "
YES"




sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Does age really matter?   

Back to top Go down
 

Does age really matter?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

 Similar topics

-
» No matter how much you push the envelope, it’ll still be stationery!
» Too much organic matter in potting soil...
» Dark Matter by Michelle Paver
» What the hell is the matter with craigslist people??
» Compost in the Winter?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-