HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 English Content Writer Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gpsdan
Registered user
Registered user


Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi,

We are looking for an expat with excellent English to join us on an iPhone
project. The person must meet the following qualifications:

* Must have lived in Sofia for at least six months.
* Native English speaker with excellent writing skill. Please feel free to
send us your writing samples.
* Owning an iPhone is a plus, but not required.

The person will join us as a freelance contributor to write about the tourist
attractions in the city. Please note this is a part time position with
flexible work hours.

If interested, please please send resume to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1122
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Hope you don't mind me asking but what is this all about ?
Back to top Go down
gpsdan
Registered user
Registered user


Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hope you don't mind me asking but what is this all about ?

Hi

Basically we are looking for a native English speaker, living in Sofia, to write some content regarding local tourist attractions.

Regards,
Dan
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6136
Join date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 13, 2010 5:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hope you don't mind me asking but what is this all about ?

Hi

Basically we are looking for a native English speaker, living in Sofia, to write some content regarding local tourist attractions.

Regards,
Dan

I think what Daisy is asking is what do you need it for? or where will it be printed

g

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
gpsdan
Registered user
Registered user


Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 13, 2010 5:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hope you don't mind me asking but what is this all about ?

Hi

Basically we are looking for a native English speaker, living in Sofia, to write some content regarding local tourist attractions.

Regards,
Dan

I think what Daisy is asking is what do you need it for? or where will it be printed

g

Oh, Im sorry. The content will be used for tourist applications and published via iPhone Apps.

Regards,
Dan
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 1784
Join date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 13, 2010 7:54 pm

interesting topic, not absolutely certain of what is being asked of the writer and why only sofia. The tourist industry covers all areas of bulgaria and this appears to be a limited area of work, by which i mean, one the history has been researched ( history does not change) what more can be wrote, other than new and developing tourist attractions, a person living in sofia does not necessarily know of all areas of interest, only their interests. Angel
my sincere apologies if i have misread or misunderstood what is being asked. but an interesting offer. s
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Tue May 18, 2010 6:52 pm

This sounds like a spammer to me I don't beleive that there is anything in this other than the op getting a free plug? but I could be wrong?
Back to top Go down
gpsdan
Registered user
Registered user


Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Wed May 19, 2010 1:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
interesting topic, not absolutely certain of what is being asked of the writer and why only sofia. The tourist industry covers all areas of bulgaria and this appears to be a limited area of work, by which i mean, one the history has been researched ( history does not change) what more can be wrote, other than new and developing tourist attractions, a person living in sofia does not necessarily know of all areas of interest, only their interests. Angel
my sincere apologies if i have misread or misunderstood what is being asked. but an interesting offer. s

Hi

What we ask of the author is to gather content, basically pick up the sights, take a photo and write a small description about each. After which our software will format the data into a small iPhone App.
We are not covering just Sofia, but we are starting with Sofia.

If you have any other questions please do let me know

Regards,
Dan
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Wed May 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi Dan

Please could you respond to the following:

1. How many words per article do you require?
2. Copyright on image/s (transferred to you or stays with photographer)?
3. Copyright on actual article (transferred to you or stays with author)?
4. File formats for submitted copy - text and images (plus size / resolution of images)?
5. Remuneration per article (text + images)?
6. How/when payment will be made?
7. Do you require a VAT invoice?
8. Credits? Is author name included in the iPhone app and article?
9. Copyscape Premium? I suspect the article has to fully pass without plagiarism?

I think this would make everything much clearer to our Members.

I also think if you want a native English speaker to do excellent research (without plagiarism), provide text that passes Copyscape Premium, with copyright free images, then the remuneration should reflect this

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
gpsdan
Registered user
Registered user


Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Wed May 19, 2010 3:39 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
Hi Dan

Please could you respond to the following:

1. How many words per article do you require?
2. Copyright on image/s (transferred to you or stays with photographer)?
3. Copyright on actual article (transferred to you or stays with author)?
4. File formats for submitted copy - text and images (plus size / resolution of images)?
5. Remuneration per article (text + images)?
6. How/when payment will be made?
7. Do you require a VAT invoice?
8. Credits? Is author name included in the iPhone app and article?
9. Copyscape Premium? I suspect the article has to fully pass without plagiarism?

I think this would make everything much clearer to our Members.

I also think if you want a native English speaker to do excellent research (without plagiarism), provide text that passes Copyscape Premium, with copyright free images, then the remuneration should reflect this

Chris

Dear Chris,

We ask interested parties to submit their resume and writing samples to the email address provided, and we prefer to address these questions in private if applicant meets our qualification criteria.

Regards,
Dan
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1122
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Wed May 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Dan can't you answer some of the questions raised by Chris? I think you might get a better response if you do ? s
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user


Posts : 962
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 20, 2010 6:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ChrisQBG wrote:
Hi Dan

Please could you respond to the following:

1. How many words per article do you require?
2. Copyright on image/s (transferred to you or stays with photographer)?
3. Copyright on actual article (transferred to you or stays with author)?
4. File formats for submitted copy - text and images (plus size / resolution of images)?
5. Remuneration per article (text + images)?
6. How/when payment will be made?
7. Do you require a VAT invoice?
8. Credits? Is author name included in the iPhone app and article?
9. Copyscape Premium? I suspect the article has to fully pass without plagiarism?

I think this would make everything much clearer to our Members.

I also think if you want a native English speaker to do excellent research (without plagiarism), provide text that passes Copyscape Premium, with copyright free images, then the remuneration should reflect this

Chris

Dear Chris,

We ask interested parties to submit their resume and writing samples to the email address provided, and we prefer to address these questions in private if applicant meets our qualification criteria.

Regards,
Dan
I think what Chris as asked above is very good,i dont see why any of it should be answered in private,unless its not an above board ad,but people can make their own minds up about that
Back to top Go down
gpsdan
Registered user
Registered user


Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 20, 2010 10:44 am

Just want to clarify something here. The writer's relationship with us will be similar to that between a book author and a publisher, with the writer being the author and us being the publisher. This means that the intellectual property rights and remuneration will be handled in a simialr way as in the booking publishing business. One can find standard publishing agreements on the internet if one wants to learn more about them. However our lawyer has adviced us not to disclose the terms in a public forum so we ask the interested party to send us resume and writing sample(s).

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 20, 2010 12:59 pm

I have been in publishing, design and print (like my late Father before me) since graduating from Leeds College of Technology with a degree in the field over 25 years ago.

I have also, never heard such nonsense in my life! The questions I asked were common 'journalist' questions that any serious copywriter would ask.

Frequently, I use various 'Freelance Journalism' sites for copywriters or contributors. I would NEVER post an ad without stating number of words required, remuneration for the article and the copyright/Copyscape requirements of said article.

However, if you are unable or unwilling to disclose such basic information due to the 'advice' of your lawyers, then I wish you luck, as no serious journalist I know would bother contacting you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user


Posts : 962
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   Thu May 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Well done Chris,maybe its just spam,time will tell,lets see what interest it has
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: English Content Writer Needed   

Back to top Go down
 

English Content Writer Needed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» HELP needed
» Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue
» Rhubarb Info Needed
» I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy
» Black/White English Staf Puppy

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Employment-