View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gimp
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Why was this forum created ????   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought I would ask a serious question to Ashley and to all the members so here we go............ Why was this forum created ??? the point in asking this question is there are so many of them about some good and some not so good and lets be honest it costs money to run a forum I know all the others are covered in adds :Headbang:but this isn't although there are 3 on the top of the forum I know from reading in the past that all the funds generated from these gets donated to the Silistra so it obviously isn't for the revenue it may generate for the owner as we all know some do and 1 in particular no names mentioned and in this day and age it must be a risk that costs quite a bit to set up, so lets hear what you all have to say as to why you think the forum was created and perhaps Ashley can come in later
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Well there lies the question willowsend but I don't think that this forum is even remotely connected to Micky mouse :Very funny 2:we all know that forums run usually to make money and I don't have to tell you that one of them is now a Bank :shocked1:there are people in the world who for one reason or several others will do things without counting the cost and that's how I see whats happening here if we all only looked at the monetary side of things we would live in a very sad world, I'm not too sure about your post here but are you implying that this forum is a Mick mouse set up? I can only assume that whoever told you this is a very narrow minded bigot? or perhaps felt that this forum would eventually be a serious threat to their empire

For goodness sake, I am not implying anything, where is your sense of humour, obviously drowned with the :Big Fish:and there were no narrow minded bigots involved either
PS. Your profile tells us that you have got plenty (as always) of humour ????
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Sorry willowsend I was only asking a question, I wasn't saying thats what you meant? so please accept my apology, as for someone saying that this forum is a Mick mouse set up then yes in my opinion they are nothing but a BIGOT and I'm sorry if you don't like it
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 pm

OK boys calm down. Nothing wrong in a bit of fun. Its easier to smile than to snarl. Lets all keep to the topic please. There is a lot of good input T

Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Sorry willowsend I was only asking a question, I wasn't saying thats what you meant? so please accept my apology, as for someone saying that this forum is a Mick mouse set up then yes in my opinion they are nothing but a BIGOT and I'm sorry if you don't like it

Its all getting a bit heavy, my post was meant to be lighthearted but obviously I have got to appreciate in future, not everybody has the same mentality as me
If it makes you happy I will delete the words Mickey Mouse and replace with Ashley. Sorry for the misunderstanding folks
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:49 pm

I too am sorry for any misunderstanding willowsend and no there isn't any need for you too delete your post as far as I'm concerned

are we still friends
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Nice post, nice forum, nice people, in fact everything is nice so maybe thats why it was created the perfect balance
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:28 am

When searching the net i came across this forum and the first thing that jumped out to me was, the set up, so many people with helpful advise, and so much going on for you that live there. You are all involved in being the Path Finders for us to follow. Yes some of you have had problems of some sort but that happens in any move to a foreign country. Believe me what has happened to some here in Turkey, would make me want to give up. But what anyone says you NEED your own kind. I take my hat off to all of you. Yes you have a little friction now and then but that is life, we all have those days after all we are human. So keep up all the advise, help and anything else you have to offer to us followers.
Annette T
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:38 am

Why was this forum created ???? For me :Clap:and for all the decent members on this forum that have left the others because they have had enough of all the b***sh*t from them continually promoting R.E.A and other related companies just to make money from companies by saying we have X amount of members so advertise with us and we will charge you a small fortune even though the X members don't visit their forum anymore and then there are those forums that shall we say leave a lot to be desired like its members 1 of which I left sharply :Great:the type that most of us on here wouldn't entertain or want to be associated with so we needed something new and refreshing and that's why I think this forum was created!! and boy am I so happy it was!!!!!!! ::
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:36 am

Well I'm glad its here I have been a member on most other forums and I have to say this is the better one where all of us are respected and not treated like some sort of lower person like some of the other forum mods do! so why was this forum created? because there was a need and I think Ashley and the others could see this, lets face it the other forums seem to have lost their way and forgotten what these forums are for and that is its members unfortunately as already said some of them are more interested in income and not helping its members and I could go on and say that some forums again as mentioned have gone to the depths of the gutter along with the members who to have forgotten why they joined in the first place!! But what I would say is in essence this forum was created to fill a void that was created by the existing forums that are out there
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Perhaps as been said already that there was a need for it, but I do agree with all the reasons above so it could be anyone of them or all of them :Angel1:either way this forum does it for me and I wouldn't use any other one for 2 reasons (1) the others are to old looking and dowdy and so are the people who run and use them (2) I think the time has come for a completely fresh look at Bulgaria which I would say we get on here but the others along with their members are stuck in a time capsule, so there you are thats what I think.

sarah
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Perhaps as been said already that there was a need for it, but I do agree with all the reasons above so it could be anyone of them or all of them :Angel1:either way this forum does it for me and I wouldn't use any other one for 2 reasons (1) the others are to old looking and dowdy and so are the people who run and use them (2) I think the time has come for a completely fresh look at Bulgaria which I would say we get on here but the others along with their members are stuck in a time capsule, so there you are thats what I think.

sarah
Hi sarah
I am interested to find out how you know that posters on other forums are to old looking and dowdy, also how you know that they are the people who run and use them. Does that mean that you at 46 years old will be OK , but poor old me at 71 years old has had it, over the hill, mind you people say I dont look my age so perhaps there is a chance for me after all

I do agree with you that a breath of fresh air and a fresh look at Bulgaria on forums is/will be most welcome, that is probably why Chris incorporated Quote,A FRIENDLY FORUM FOR ALL IN BULGARIA in the logo heading
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Hello willowsend NO! it doesn't mean that!! and people like you are very valuable to forums like this one but wasted on others?, but that can't be said for all of the older generation some of these forums were started as a form of income by people who's only intention was to make money from the fact that they can boast to have x thousands of members regardless to the fact they only a few ever post and in my opinion always the same few, so I hope that clears that up, as for the people that run other forums well most of them are run by old and dowdy people which is plainly obvious when you look at their out dated forum which are old and dowdy its not a science to realise that they are still stuck in the past, present company excluded, as for my age I don't know why you think I'm 46 :shocked1:you've put 15 years on me

sarah
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Poor Sarah. Bad enough getting old eh ::

I like your viewpoint on this as it makes a lot of sense. As for references as to one's age. Well total rubbish, I jest about me being an old codger but with that title comes a lot of experience of life and a lot of common sense (mind you the boss says I haven't got any ha ha). But that is also the essence of this forum in the fact that there is seniors and juniors. We must be doing some things right when we attract Louise who is 16.

I like to think that this forum is well balanced and fair in all matters. Angel

We even have a balanced age gap in the support team and we also have reasoned balanced discussion in the background as well.

Apart from being a friendly forum it is also fair.

Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:41 am

FWIW, my twopenneth as an outsider meaning = I have no interest in Bulgaria per se, I am here purely in a technical capacity.

I've been involved in the installation, maintenance and design of many websites and particularly phpBB message boards, I'm on the QA team at phpBB.com. Many of the sites I have been involved with have been a success but more have died within a year or two. I have a football board of my own that has been up for over four years and only has about 150 members and is used very little. It doesn't matter to me, I host it so it only costs me electricity, when I get fed up with it it will go but I know as soon as I shut it down someone will shout at me, that's the way it works.

And back to the original question:
Quote :
Why was this forum created ????
Because there is obviously a great need for it, and it's a success. I get an email every day or so informing another new user has registered. Of course a lot of the credit goes to the team here for putting the board up but the success of it is down to YOU LOT, the users.

If there were no users there would be no ourbulgariaforum.com, pure and simple, give yourselves a big slap on the back

davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:31 am

Well said mick and thank you for what you do on here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   

Back to top Go down

Why was this forum created ????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next