View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gimp
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Why was this forum created ????   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought I would ask a serious question to Ashley and to all the members so here we go............ Why was this forum created ??? the point in asking this question is there are so many of them about some good and some not so good and lets be honest it costs money to run a forum I know all the others are covered in adds :Headbang:but this isn't although there are 3 on the top of the forum I know from reading in the past that all the funds generated from these gets donated to the Silistra so it obviously isn't for the revenue it may generate for the owner as we all know some do and 1 in particular no names mentioned and in this day and age it must be a risk that costs quite a bit to set up, so lets hear what you all have to say as to why you think the forum was created and perhaps Ashley can come in later
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:45 am

OK this topic has run on now for a few days, so maybe time for Ashley to inject something also once Ashley has done this maybe gimp can add his four penny worth as well. To good a topic to lose the momentum on me thinks g

Thank you gimp for starting this one off. It has been very interesting so far.

Tony

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:05 am

When the forum was first created I worked very closely with Ashley and I did ask the question why? because there is a whole lot of others out there! yes he said I know! so why do it I asked? his reply was "
you know when people say if its not broke then don't fix it?"
I said yes"
well its broke he said, we continued to build the forum and what a job that was all kinds of problems along the way but he was determined to launch it and as we all know he did and what a success its been I think even Micky mouse would agree with that he was right but I did feel there must be some other reason so I asked again why did you create it? and he said the reason I created the forum was ..................... I'm afraid he will have to tell you that

Cheers

http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
meandmine
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 am

I missed this one for some reason and yes its a great topic so lets see what I think the reason was/is I think as already said there was a need and Ashley has fulfilled it and in my opinion done it brilliantly
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I missed this one for some reason and yes its a great topic so lets see what I think the reason was/is I think as already said there was a need and Ashley has fulfilled it and in my opinion done it brilliantly

Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 am

Great topic Gimp and now its time for me to post.

Why was this forum created? Well, when I first launched the forum I had quite a few threatening emails from a well known site owner threatening to take court action against me because I was using the name that he claimed to have sole rights to? I think he believes he owns Bulgaria itself, rather than just a forum! I obviously ignored this person even though he then went on to say that we wouldn't last a year? Anyway, thanks to all you folks and our team of Moderators we have proved him so very wrong and we are still going from strength to strength.

The purpose of this forum is to help those who need assistance and advice about serious matters regarding life and living in Bulgaria. It is also for those planning to move to Bulgaria, but also a place where members can chat about almost anything in a social and interactive way with each other.

I believed that there was room/need for a forum with a different outlook and fresh ideas? I wanted a forum where all of us could feel free and comfortable to write as they felt, with positive or negative comments, and particularly a forum where all information and useful comments could be expressed without any ridicule from longer standing members that is often seen on some other forums, this forum will not allow any kind of innuendo, slander, libel, nor any kind of back stabbing, and for that reason we do tend to attract the right type of member which is what I wanted. I also wanted a place where members could feel relaxed and not to be treated like children in a classroom like some other forums do. This can be very off-putting to members, especially any new members.

I looked at all the other forums and felt that most of them were stuck in a time capsule and seem to be lacking any vision of the future! For all those who have made the move to Bulgaria and those who want to. I also noticed that some of the other forums were more concerned with advertising to the point where some of them are known as 'Banks', and looking at it from that point of view I thought how nice it would be to see a forum with nothing flashing at you while your reading topics and a forum that was more interested in its members than making money, which as you all know the money this forum generates from the few ads we do have goes directly to help those in need in Bulgaria.

To sum it all up I wanted a forum for the members and not to increase my bank balance, I wanted a forum where everyone could take part and feel at home, I wanted a forum to be more than a place where you could get information of a legal nature, I wanted a forum to be what the members wanted, I wanted a forum that cared about its members, a forum where I or the Mods are only guardians of the forum!

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:25 am

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:28 am

@Admin wrote:
Re: Why was this forum created ????

Post by Admin » 26 Sep 2010 13:19
Great topic Gimp :Good post:and now its time for me to post.

Why was this forum created? Well, when I first launched the forum I had quite a few threatening emails from a well known site owner threatening to take court action against me because I was using the name that he claimed to have sole rights to? I think he believes he owns Bulgaria itself, rather than just a forum! I obviously ignored this person even though he then went on to say that we wouldn't last a year? Anyway, thanks to all you folks and our team of Moderators we have proved him so very wrong and we are still going from strength to strength.

The purpose of this forum is to help those who need assistance and advice about serious matters regarding life and living in Bulgaria. It is also for those planning to move to Bulgaria, but also a place where members can chat about almost anything in a social and interactive way with each other.

I believed that there was room/need for a forum with a different outlook and fresh ideas? I wanted a forum where all of us could feel free and comfortable to write as they felt, with positive or negative comments, and particularly a forum where all information and useful comments could be expressed without any ridicule from longer standing members that is often seen on some other forums, this forum will not allow any kind of innuendo, slander, libel, nor any kind of back stabbing, and for that reason we do tend to attract the right type of member which is what I wanted. I also wanted a place where members could feel relaxed and not to be treated like children in a classroom like some other forums do. This can be very off-putting to members, especially any new members.

I looked at all the other forums and felt that most of them were stuck in a time capsule and seem to be lacking any vision of the future! For all those who have made the move to Bulgaria and those who want to. I also noticed that some of the other forums were more concerned with advertising to the point where some of them are known as 'Banks', and looking at it from that point of view I thought how nice it would be to see a forum with nothing flashing at you while your reading topics and a forum that was more interested in its members than making money, which as you all know the money this forum generates from the few ads we do have goes directly to help those in need in Bulgaria.

To sum it all up I wanted a forum for the members and not to increase my bank balance, I wanted a forum where everyone could take part and feel at home, I wanted a forum to be more than a place where you could get information of a legal nature, I wanted a forum to be what the members wanted, I wanted a forum that cared about its members, a forum where I or the Mods are only guardians of the forum!

Excellent post, Ashley :Good post:and a very clear explanation.

"
Owns Bulgaria"
- yes, I think most of us know who you mean and you are absolutely right - he does think so. And, of course, he has been proved entirely and comprehensively conclusively wrong as happens all the time with his egocentric ranting and looney raving. A "
bank"
is a good description of his website - nothing there of any value to anyone other than for himself and the bulk of his pockets.

You have created exactly what you have said - a place where the members are treated as the adults that they should be and, overall, certainly a very comfortable place to be. ::

Regards, George.
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Thank you Ashley and can I ad that you've done a fantastic job and as for those that don't like it TUFF!!!!!!! T
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Well Ashley got to agree with George you certainly have achieved what you set out to do :Thank you:and from what you've said I would say it was "
Insecurity"
on the part of the other forum your talking about and I think I know the one
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:51 pm

It works and it works well thats what counts, and maybe the oither bank/forum is actually owned by Mickey mouse
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Wow what a great statement to make Ashley and I'm glad you stood you're ground and didn't get put off by bully boys s
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:40 pm

Well now we all know and I to want to thank you Admin for sticking by your convictions and not listening to Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:31 pm

Thank you admin Ashley I'm really happy to be on this forum so for me it was a good move on your part and I like your reasons for creating it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why was this forum created ????   

Back to top Go down

Why was this forum created ????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3