Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Company question   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi,
Just a quick question. Has anyone on the forum got their lichna carta and changed their property from a company to a personal home. If so what was the procedure and what cost was involved. We haven't got our lichna carta yet, we have another year to wait.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Company question   Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Well what a day we have had, up out of bed at 7 am, my body isn't used to this since retiring and refused to move at any speed until a cup of coffee was thrust into my hand by Annette. Then it was full speed ahead into our action packed day with me taking the two big dogs out for a walk, of course as soon as the front door opened it decided to rain, was this going to be one of those awkward days I asked myself. The dogs got walked no more than 300 yards and then we returned home with them shaking the rain off and splattering me at the same time.

Having refreshed ourselves Annette and I were now under "
starters orders"
for the drive to Pavlikeni, but first I had to cram the big box our TV was packed into the rubbish bin at the end of the road. I realised that this box would probably fill the whole bin as it had other boxes inside that we had used to move to BG from Turkey and really hoped that the cramming of the box into the bib could be done in privacy. Well, I didn't want one of the locals seeing me filling the bin to the rim with maybe a week to go before it was emptied and as you may have guessed there was the local shepherd standing almost next to the bin while I feeverishly filled it to the top, a quick "
chow"
and we were off to Pavlikeni.

Once we were in the town a quick hello to our house owner and straight into the Notary, 30 minutes later we emerged with a copy of our Skitsa, this was a momentous occasion not only for us but for Pavlikeni because this was the first Skitsa issued to a foreigner in their own name and not bought through a company. We felt like going out on to the podium with the mayor and shaking our new official papers and shaking them to the crowds below rather like the Pope does, but we were happy enough to all shake hands and depart back to our newly acquired homestead in Paskalevets. in the knowledge that we had had a positive start to the day.

::
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Company question   Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Well done Itchyfeet but can you tell us more about the cost and what you had to do to get it in your name? I am about to contact our lawyer next week to start the process. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Company question   Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:40 pm

oldun wrote:
Well done Itchyfeet but can you tell us more about the cost and what you had to do to get it in your name? I am about to contact our lawyer next week to start the process. Thanks.

Hi oldun Our knowledge of how we got our Skitsa is only drawn from the experience we had in acquiring ours. To me the Notary is the most important person in the scenario, an early appointment before he or she embarks on the long days proceedings is a must. From our knowledge of buying and selling in Turkey where a solicitor is rarely used, we didn't use one here either, we took our own translator who wised us up on what would happen and also explained and translated the original Skitsa to show there were no debts on the property and that also all parties had agreed to sell.

I assume that as you already have a company and that your property is owned by your company that the company has to be wound up, I also assume that this has to happen at the same time or immediately before the purchase in your name is done. Passports are required of course and if buying in you and your partners name they want to know if you are married or divorced, divorce papers would be handy if necessary. An address in England is also required, this has also to be in your name, strange idea but that's what they want. The cost was 295 Lev at the Notary and 235 Lev paid to the council at a bank. I hope this information is useful to you and that you are successful in acquiring yours in your own name.

Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Company question   Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks for your quick response Itchyfeet. Do I understand then that you didn't have a Company to close? Don't forget that I, and many others, have to deal with past rulings and most of us have always gone through a lawyer and Notary. Therefore we have to close our Company and then re-register the property in our private names. Your costs seem reasonable and will be a guideline.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Company question   Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 am

oldun wrote:
Thanks for your quick response Itchyfeet. Do I understand then that you didn't have a Company to close? Don't forget that I, and many others, have to deal with past rulings and most of us have always gone through a lawyer and Notary. Therefore we have to close our Company and then re-register the property in our private names. Your costs seem reasonable and will be a guideline.

We are new to BG after 5 years of living in Turkey, so we had no company and bought from the seller with the new regulations and laws now taking place over BG. It depends where you live whether the local council are implementing the new law or whether they are still trying to adopt the old system. Our interpreter said that some lawyers and estate agents have not engaged in the new system and still giving buyers the wrong advice. We don't know what paperwork lawyers here in BG do, but we had no problem transacting the whole purchase without one, we also have a copy of our Skitsa.

Of course us being the first in Pavlikeni, the interpreter and the Notary where over the moon to transact our purchase using the new system. We thank them for their patience and their willingness to help us get through it all.

Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Company question   Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:54 am

Thank you for the information, this will has already been said by oldun it will help a lot who bought under the old laws and looking at your charges I would also say that it was reasonable too. It's interesting that it depends where you live and which council you use as to how easy or difficult it is but I guess that's Bulgaria.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Company question   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 am

Here is an update

After Jan 2012, EU citizens are allowed to own regulated land property on their personal names.

The purpose of this post is to inform the property buyers what they are obliged to do after they actually purchase the regulated land and/or house.

Bulstat registration of property owners

The first thing the first-time buyer need to do is to register themselves in the Bulstat Register. Pursuant Art. 3 para 1, point 10 of the Bulstat Register Act:

Every foreigner who doesn’t have Bulgarian ( incl. foreign) personal number AND own real estate property on their personal name has to register himself in the Bulstat register.

The above is just an excerpt from the Act. There are other cases in which the Bulstat registration is mandatory.

The obligatory term for Bulstat registration is 7 days as of the moment the title deed is handed by the notary to the property owner or to a proxy. If the registration is not done within the aforesaid therm, the property owner will be sanctioned with a fine by the Bulstat Register.

The Bulstat Register is part of the Registry Agency. The Bulstat registration is done in the local office of the Agency, where the property is located.

Bulstat registration is done only for first time buyers! Once you have bought a property on your name and have registered with Bulstat Register, you don’t need to register again. It’s a one time procedure.

Bulstat register is a statistics authority which tracks different types of information. In the case I describe here, the main goal is to count and collect information of the EU citizens who have bought real estate property in Bulgaria.

City Council Tax Declaration of property

The second legal actions that a property buyer needs declare in the local municipality that he owns the property. If this is not done, the outstanding taxes would still be assigned to the old property owner.

The declaration has to be done within 2 months after the title deed for the purchase is signed. If this deadline is missed, the municipality will impose sanctions (fines and interest) on the new owner.

The declaration of the property has three main goals:

The municipality is now aware that the property has new owner
The owner declares the type of the property, it’s area, construction type etc.
The municipality calculates the tax value of the property based on the declared facts and defines the annual property tax and garbage fee

Having the above information, the local council sends annually (usually in the beginning of the year) letters with the outstanding amounts for local property tax and garbage fee. Some municipalities provide online check ( e.g. Samokov) where the person just have to sign up with his Bulstat number and can see the information without waiting for postal notices or calling the local tax office.

If the declaration hasn’t been done, or the outstanding money hasn’t been paid, the municipality charges interest on the unpaid amounts. A recent trend is that the municipalities use law enforcement agents to collect all these debts. Hiring an enforcement agents increases the amount with legal costs and is a threat to foreigners who don’t live in Bulgaria, because the property can be put on public tender and sold in order the council debt to be covered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company question   

Back to top Go down

Company question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2