View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Projects for 2012   Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

s s

Our projects for 2012 are for the Dimcho

1)  A tall order I know, but we will try to send the children of the Dimcho on an activity holiday  within Bulgaria - So if you can help or have any ideas or recommendations please get in touch.

2) The Baby Orphanage/Medical Home need a new building. They have permission to build but need materials and labour. This is a massive project and I am not sure we can help but you never know God is good. So once again if you can help or have any ideas do please let me  know g   ::

T T

Berni & Dougie xx

AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 am

Hi Guys

Just a quick update on Friday 31st Aug Fun afternoon.

Darren said........
Hi Berni
Things went well today,we did play a couple of games with the children including pin the tail on the donkey which they found hilarious. We donated quite a lot of Girls clothing, jewelery etc and the generosity from the other people who came along was just brilliant. Luisa ran a make-up table to put make up on the girls and as you will see,some of the boys.Lauren also had some fun with them. Denise wanted to bring some home as she misses having little ones around.

Anyway have a great weekend and thanks for allowing us the opportunity to spend some time with the children,we all really enjoyed it.

Best Wishes Darren,Denise,Luisa &
Lauren xxx

Nicola Miller  Said...
What a pleasure it was to spend a week doing the photographs for the children at Sunny Beach. The children are an absolute credit to all involved and behaved beautifully - even clearing up all their own plates at each meal time, rather than let the waiting staff do it. Needless to say - I fell in love with the kids several times over and nearly kidnapped a few to take home! It was also nice to meet all the others that came on Friday to present the children with gifts and generous donations.
Bernie and Dougie you really are amazing people and the charity work that you do is incredible - you are an inspiration to us all! Xxx  Group photo below taken on Friday 31st Aug.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 am

Great work Bernie and the children look so happy. It must have been a real treat for them. Nice pic too. H
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Thank you for the update I can see all those lovely faces smiling so another success to you and your other half and I know there are others who help but without you 2 this would still be a dream to the children.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Thank you I can now read this and enjoy and I see that all look very happy so as already said you have done it again well done Berni
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:50 pm

What can I say that the picture doesn't already H. Who's the person almost at the front in the blue striped shirt
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What can I say that the picture doesn't already H. Who's the person almost at the front in the blue striped shirt

That will be the director of the Orphanage.

Thanks guys, the children are really having a fab time and to think it was only an idea I had and now this is the first time it has been done in Bulgaria. The hotel were inspired by this request and invited 3 more orphanages so now there is around 200 children enjoying a holiday of a lifetime. I am hoping they will do this every year but if not, than I recon I better get working and aim for Disney World next year

Berni g

therowfamily
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 pm

You aim for the stars Berni and you will get over the trees.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:14 am

He play's for Queens Park Rangers, their new signing
Well done Berni. g
I wish I was there
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks guys

Really delighted with myself as the children are having such a fantastic time!  Nicola has taken 900 photos of them which will be on Facebook orphanage page shortly.  Manage to get one or two off there and here is them biggest kid of the all caught having a nap.  g

oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:46 pm

What gorgeous pics Oddie. The children look wonderful and so happy. It must make your day to see these photos. A pity you couldn't be there to join in. We used to have an orphanage in our little village when we first arrived and a team of volunteers from an English university spent 6 weeks with them. However it was not repeated. Maybe the children were too much of a handful. They did not look like your youngsters. They all seemed to have some slight disability, notably in the eyes, so I suspect they had been abandoned to an institution by their parents because they couldn't cope. We gave some small play items to them but they were instantly destroyed as was much of the clothing that seems to be given out by the State(?) There must be some orphanages that house different child cases but I do not know this for sure and I have no idea where the children went when the orphanage closed and no-one in the village seemed to mention it. The village school, used mainly by these children, also closed soon after. The teachers came from VT and were so poorly paid that they would hitch lifts rather then pay a 2 lev bus fare. Says a lot about Bulgaria I'm afraid. You're doing good work Oddie.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks Oldun appreciate that. Yes we have to be very careful who we trust but we are learning quickly we have 9 orphanages that we help, The disability Centre, the home for the Elderly, the local doctors surgery and 3 villages we help. We do not give money only goods and xmas shoeboxes however, we have had to drop one or two as they are not playing the game and I do point out the rules very clearly before we start. We learn as we go on. g

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it we have sponsors for the following beds No 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and donations for no 5 has already started, totally amazed. Thank to all the sponsors you are doing a fab job. Two of our own forum members have come forward to Tonyb60 and Scunnered   :Thank you:so much Guys you did great

Oddy ::

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:43 am

Just a quick update the photos are now on facebook (below) 897 of them - They are just brilliant g

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:45 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it we have sponsors for the following beds No 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and donations for no 5 has already started, totally amazed. Thank to all the sponsors you are doing a fab job. Two of our own forum members have come forward to Tonyb60 and Scunnered   :Thank you:so much Guys you did great

Oddy  

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     s g

All the Bunk Beds for the Silistra Orphanage have been sponsored now  we did fundraising over the weekend to complete theis project.  This is wonderful news so please.  Thanks to all those who help we are truly grateful indeed.  Angel

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 am

All the Bunk Beds for the Silistra Orphanage have been sponsored now

Great news ... well done to all concerned!

g
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Projects for 2012   

Back to top Go down

Projects for 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next