Garden Party 2012 Silistra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

Well I have managed to get a whole 3 weeks holiday time off at work for October g I did try for Sept but not possible. I also cleared the Garden Party date for Sat 6th Oct  We look forward to seeing you there this year.

I am in the process of sorting out the long to do list and will tick off accordingly
The main one is covered by Kevin Pescott Fine Meats as he has already confirmed he will be supplying all the meat for the BBQ which, of course is just fantastic and a brilliant start.

I am looking forward to all the planning again if you have any ideas do let me know. <!-- sChat -->c<!-- sChat -->

Thanks a million.

Oddy  

AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:08 pm

oddball wrote:
beautifulangel wrote:
Having never attended before my family and I are looking forward to coming along to help. As previously discussed on fb i'll bring the stuff for face painting. I was wondering do you do things like bran tubs for the kids? My husband used to make a disgusting one using jelly instead of bran for the youth club that the kids loved. we'd be happy to bring the stuff for one and man the stall if you would like. s
I also know lots of energetic kids games should you need to tier them out. Angel

Ah bless you my lovely that is wonderful! Look forward to meeting you all. Oh do tell us more about 'bran tubs' whats involved :shocked1:Yes please if you wish to manage a stall we would be more than happy for you to do that - Thank a million. g

Berni xx
Bran tubs are dustbins or baby baths with hidden sweets and toys for kids in. They usually cover up the prizes with bran or sawdust or in our case jelly. the idea is the kids pay a small fee and lucky dip for a prize, if the idea is to fundraise otherwise they just have a go. We found over the years the more disgusting it is to dip your hand in the happier the kids are. If you let me know whether you want to charge for the face painting and bran tub and roughly how many children attend then i'll make sure I bring enough stuff.

davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

Well done people and well done to you beautifulangel it sounds like it's going to be quite a fun day
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Guys

Although we have a place in Silistra it is quite a distance out of the town so we have decided this year we will stay at the Hotel Silistra the Fri 5th &
6th and the night of the Garden Party. It is a lovely hotel and they are offering a suite with half board for 53euro a night which is very good. There are 8 of us booked in now and 3 at the 5* hotel (too posh for me) So if any of you are coming to the Garden Party 6th Oct this year here is the link to book through for the special offer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Look forward to seeing you there g

Berni xx

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:08 am

Still looking or entertainsers, musicians an we are not trying to organise a carboot/table top so if you are interested in pitching a stall please do contact bulgariabill on here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or message pm him.

Update on the raffle Auction prizes

Raffle/Auction prizes

The Garden Party is fast approaching on Sat 6th Oct at the Silistra
orphanage. Pat has already started us off with raffle prizes therefore, if you wish to donate a prize please let me know thanks a million for your help and consideration we really appreciate it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pat Fahey
***1) Hi Bernie, as a raffle prize we are willing to offer a free
return airport transfer from burgas airport to sunny beach,
sozopol, burgas area ...we know its not where your based but
is worth between 55-90 euro ...let me know what you think..
Pat &
Helen.
2) 2 vouchers for A weekend break at Serberna for two to include
half board breakfast and dinner for two. to be taken anytime
3) Kate has offered Estee Lauder perfume for the raffle or auction
4) Clifford Norton donated a print of ‘Finches in the Snow’
5) Deborah Bryant
Hi Berni, I would love to donate a Family Tree to your Orphanage
appeal, either for the Raffle or Auction, you decide whatever
is best. Debs
FamilyTreeAncestryResearch
A Family Tree is an ideal gift for any occasion.
6) Carole Heads will donate some raffle prizes
***7) Sarah Sharp i am willing to offer five free riding lessons
from March 2013
7) Sarah Sharp i am willing to offer five free riding lessons
from March 2013
8) Bernie we will donate a voucher for a 3 course meal in our Nik's bar/ restaurant
in Dobrich ....Keep up the good work ...Ellen and Nik
9) Sarah Sharp will also donated face panting items.
10) Sue Parker says: I would like to offered for the auction a beautiful pink floral summer dress It's a Per Una (Marks &
Spencer) dress, fully lined.. Size 12
11) Cliff Norton of F8 Gallery photographers has Donate a lifestyle portrait session with 10x8 lustre print my location value 60 euro
12) Cindy &
Co will be attending and will also bring their annual surprise Raffle prize
13) Margaret Anderson offered a bundle of new paperback books
14) Dougie and Berni will donate a kettle, an iron, a toaster and a
sandwich maker
15) Auction POSSIBLE exc condition Secondhand XBOX &
45 Games with two controllers and power point
16) Vicky Shaw a few bottles - but she did not say if they were full hahha!
17) Hi There I can offer a new 20ft length of double sided bunting (washable at 30 deg)made by myself using a mix of cath kidston / laura ashley / vintage fabrics
kind regards
jane
18) Kay Fox - Bernie. I will donate a handmade handbag, for either auction or raffle
19) Christine Griffin I have an 8 piece cake set I would like to donate for the raffle
20) Kerry Ferguson said: Bernie I'll put together a raffle prize for you it will be a selection of Colony Cande stock.
21) Graham Moffat
hi Bernadette we would like to offer a raffle prize for your up coming event its a weekend break for two at lionsgateguesthouse pomoshtitsa for the 2013 season can be taken any time from april prize includes 2 nights stay continental style breakfast evening meals plus wine and use of all facilities further bring 2 as paying guests friends and they will receive 10% discount on there accommodation
22) Kay Fox Looking forward to it, Bernie. I will donate a handmade handbag, for either auction or raffle - whichever you think appropriate. xx
23) Margaret Anderson I've also got a wooden photo storage box to add as a raffle prize and lots of other bits and bobs

So we are off to a good start! If you can help in any way inc volunteers, musicians or ideas etc
please let us know Thanks a million. Berni &
Dougie x message or email
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Facebook: Sunny Beach Group various members have offered us prizes Diane, Vicky, Shell, Carol, Pat &
Helen and more have offered to bring prizes with them from UK and Belgium and Pat will collect them from LaPa LaPa bar and bring them to the Hotel DELTA. Thank you all for your support you are just fantastic!!!
Berni &
Dougie xx

bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:11 am

If you are interested in reserving a pitch for the Garden Party
Email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] send type of stall, appx area needed and if you require directions

Cheers
Bill

Last edited by 140 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to specify amendment corrected on the first post re email address)
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:27 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
Email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] send type of stall, appx area needed and if you require directions

Cheers
Bill

Think we have a few craft stall interested in having tables.
PLEASE NOTE:: Sorry but we cannot book any FOOD ie meats fresh, frozen or tinned etc.

cheekychops
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:59 pm

I should think you will fill any space you have. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Things are coming on but very slow. The food donor has agreed to supply the meat products but not confirmed as yet and I still need to find someone to donate the soft drinks but we still have plenty of time. I have secured 6 volunteers from the 324 volunteering club and hopefully another 8 from the local youth church group, plus all our wonderful friends from last year who will be helping again this year. Bill is organising the car boot/table top so if you wish to have a pitch please contact him, on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] however, I have to point out that if our food donor does follows through than we cannot have any other meat products what so ever on site.

Tomorrow I will make the volunteers badges and try to finish off the programme so I can get it on the forum/facebook. We have a children's corner this year with Irene and possible our beautifulangel. I do need to find a few gazebos for this. I think Michelle is making the cake again this year and itchyfeet said he would be bringing his bagpipes Archie and Lorrell will be there in their traditional Scottish dress plus we will have some local folklore dancers. Valdi Totiv and Demmi will be there too as well as Jonathan Taylor still working on the programme.

So if you think you can help in any way please do let us know if not, don't worry come along to support us, we will be delighted to see you c

Berni &
Dougie

willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:10 am

than we cannot have any other meat products what so ever on site.
Does that include tin meat as well c
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:26 am

willowsend wrote:
than we cannot have any other meat products what so ever on site.
Does that include tin meat as well c

I think so Willow, as well as pasties, sausage rolls etc however, I have asked this question, so for now I have to say NO to ALL MEAT PRODUCTS until further notice. Sorry.

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi Guys

I have put together the flyer for the Silistra Garden Party on Sat 6th Oct and thanks to Chris for jazzing it up to this great funky looking poster :Great:It looks fantastic thanks a million. Please let me know if you can attend, we would be delighted to see you.

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:30 am

oddball wrote:
I have put together the flyer for the Silistra Garden Party on Sat 6th Oct and thanks to Chris for jazzing up up to this funky looking poster

You're more than welcome Berni ... fingers crossed for another brilliant day for everybody!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Beach, Silistra Orphanage   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Berni
As you know it was my intentions to make a surprise visit to photograph the children from the Silistra Orphanage on their holiday's at Sunny Beach
It is with much sadness that I will not be able to achieve my dream due to personal reasons and the flight prices.I cannot justify paying Wizzair £757.96 for my wife an me at this time plus of course the added cost of a hire car
I feel a little better about the situation knowing that you have a back up photographer and you have not been let down, so I will join the rest of the forum in saying, hopefully the kids are having a wonderful time and we can all look forward to some exciting pictures s
Sorry again Berni, but may be next time H
ATB
Bryan
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Evening all

Thank you Brian as always you are a gem H, I know if it was at all possible for you to be there, you would be. Not to worry I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity for the future. As you say Nicola is there so we will have some fab photos which we will hopefully put in the gallery here (hint hint Admin)

Just spoke with Dougie and all is well - The children of the Silistra orphanage are having a wonderful time, the pool is well used and today they went to the beach. Nicola Miller has taken over 700 photos so far and we still have the Friday fun day at the hotel to do yet!! Dougie said the place is a hive of activity it is great to see the children so happy. Tonight Jonathan Taylor has planned a surprise for them a magician will be there plus a concert just want to be there myself now ;
0)) I am hoping they will have a good turn out to the Fun afternoon on Friday 31st Aug if you are in the area of Sunny Beach please do pop along to the Hotel Delta Beach around 12ish they need all the support they can get now. Thanks a million Berni xx
Delta Beach Hotel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:21 pm

bulgariabill wrote:

Cheers
Bill

Got a few stall booked now so if you would like a stall ( sorry no meat products) than please contact Bill thanks g

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   

Back to top Go down

Garden Party 2012 Silistra

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next