View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Annual trip   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know this is not bulgarian related, but every march i go to the uk to visit family. i love this visit, gives me time to catch up on family life and events. g
in the three week visit we have a mini holiday, this year i am going to the capital london, never been, always wanted but never got round to it. has anyone got recomendations of where to stay in london and has anyone been to the musicals, i fancy les miserables but dont know what its about, only ever been to swan lake. any views will be welcome. g H
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:03 pm

willowsend wrote:
Hi starlite
A young Bulgarian couple, Veronica and Mitko who came to the Orphanage party with me in October (see them talking to a child in a photo on Ashley's front page) went to London last year for a five day break. Veronica works as the sales manager for Chartair Travel Agency in Varna so was able to organise their trip regarding flight's, hotel and a programme of all the places they wanted to visit. I know they have kept a diary of their visit and how much everything cost. My wife and I call them our Bulgarian children, they both speak excellent English and I know that if you wanted any advice or information they would be only to pleased to help. If you would like to contact Veronica please pm me and I will give you the details
ATB

Nice one Willow g

starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 pm

willowsend :Thank you:and to everyone for your views, i know there are lots of shows in the west end, its part of the fun deciding which to go to.
our plans are to spend time up north manchester with family for 3 weeks, and in that time take a 5 day break to london, take in 2 shows and do some sightseeing. g
lovely to hear of peoples experiences. g s T
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:07 am

After spending virtually all my working life in and around London I will be only too pleased to help. There is not much of the place that I have not visited well being in that region for over 50 odd years you should

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 am

i know this is an old post i am answering to but i just wanted to share with you that Les Mis Phantom of the opera the lion king and more are all now in film. So there is no need to miss out on the story etc. Shows are usually better then the films in our opinion but not always.
Mama mia for instance the show was discusting and if i had seen the show first i would never had watched the film.
We have always loved theatre and seen shows since we were teenagers and that is many years and any one going to London should definately go to the theatre visit the sights sit and have a coffee at Covent garden and watch the street entertainers and take in the atmosphere.
Their are lots of hotels in London at a price but do you know there are many bed and breakfast places that are very good and very cheap. There is also a campsite at Chrystle Palace and a bus ride from the gate takes you right in to the city.
We were raised in London and it's suburbs and love the place and it is the thing we miss the most now we live in BG But it is worth it as we Love BG No one should miss the London experience or the Bulgarian experiance for that matter
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:18 am

Staying in London is very expensive. As well as booking.com try Otel.com for discounted hotels. Both sites are good for cheap digs in Bulgaria as well as the UK. I have used both and found an average saving of 30 - 50% off the price of hotels.

I booked a weeks stay on the coast in BG last year and booking through Otel.com reducing the cost by 50%. I decided to stay a few more nights and asked at reception how much another two nights would cost. They said 80 lev. I went outside to an internet cafe and booked at the same hotel for 40 lev (two nights) on Otel.com. I printed the conformation email went back in and bingo - same room for half the price.

Sorted ::
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:28 am

I've always used Citadines in Holborn. Nice apartments, with a small kitchen which comes in handy..about a minute from the tube and 6 or 7 minutes walk from the West Ends pubs and theatres. I normally walk everywhere I can in London and only use public transport very rarely. If the weather is kind to you, it is a beautiful, vibrant city with plenty to see and do. For a country boy, born and raised, I love the place.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 am

I've always used Citadines in Holborn. Nice apartments, with a small kitchen which comes in handy..about a minute from the tube and 6 or 7 minutes walk from the West Ends pubs and theatres. I normally walk everywhere I can in London and only use public transport very rarely. If the weather is kind to you, it is a beautiful, vibrant city with plenty to see and do. For a country boy, born and raised, I love the place.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 pm

bgbazz wrote

Quote :
it is a beautiful, vibrant city with plenty to see and do

I agree. In the words of one Mr Samuel Johnson 'when you tire of London you tire of life'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annual trip   

Back to top Go down

Annual trip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2