Share | 

Do we make the right choices in life.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Do we make the right choices in life.   Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lets see who really loves living in Bulgaria.

Many people have bought property in Bulgaria and are now living the dream and enjoying life to the full. However, many more who bought have now moved back to the UK for various reasons. So thought I would ask those of you who wish to comment to tell us a little about your life in BG and also those who moved back to the UK - the difficulties they incurred. How have you adjusted to living life in both countries? Would you ever buy property overseas again?

c

AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Do we make the right choices in life.   Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:47 am

I agree good luck snail, I hope your move back to the Uk brings you lots of luck and happiness.
Its nice to see there are a few positive people enjoying living in bulgaria and its definate food for thought about getting older living in a rural community, especially as my husband is much older than me. But as a romany I have to consider, I could be living in a caravan being moved on by every council in the uk. Having my horses checked by the RSPCA every five minutes for no reason than I am what I am. Same across the rest of europe unfortunately. I dont do well in cities having tried a few times and english rural houses are too expensive. So for me my little tumbled down house, stables and land are a challenge and a chance to call somewhere home. I hope everyone finds their special place in the world, where ever it is and I hope i'm still this enthusiastic when i've been here a few years, otherwise it'll be time to move on. s

oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Do we make the right choices in life.   Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Oddie this is the best topic for a long time. Its so interesting to read the different 'takes' on a British life in Bulgaria. I remember when Bulgaria became the new 'hotspot' for property and the forums were full of folks congratulating each other on their purchase. Although in some ways, it is much easier to buy now without the dreaded Lichna Karta, in other ways I believe we were luckier before many realised the potential for illegal trading. We must remember that it is not just the Bulgarians who are corrupt. Many Brits were only too happy to join the bandwagon and team up with Bulgarians in business who then were not averse to scamming fellow Brits. Some honest ones soon left, but others continued onwards and upwards and are still conning their own people. We read of this every day.
When I used to write my eulogies of life here, it didn't occur to me that some would 'retire' early and then want to work or start up a business. In spite of the EU and freedom to move to any EU country (sic), it is very difficult to do this and I speak from experience. I think this is the reason for the proliferation of tabletops where it seems every one is like a little England with all sorts of goodies on sale. Is this legal I wonder or a way of beating the system? Good luck to those who do it but its only a matter of time before new rules come in, so we return to Oddie's original post: ' Do we make the right choices?'
We all take pathways in life and we go down them until we come to the end of the path. That's when its time to take a different path. The trick is to know when to do this. Its not that the right path wasn't taken. How do we know which is the right one if we never travel down it? Its not anything to regret either because its the trying to do something that is important. As has been said many times, its better to try than to end up wishing you had done something different. Its those people who are envious of the risk takers that criticize most.
So many times have I read on forums of people full of optimism about a new life here or new business and I try to feel optimistic for their success. Unfortunately, I know only too well the obstacles they will face but can say nothing because if I do, I won't get any thanks for it and will sound very negative. Its a bit like being a mother and knowing your child is about to do something she considers foolhardy, but must sit back and let them get on with it. There is every chance that the idea could work. If it doesn't, its easy to feel that she should have said something. I am speaking here as an old lady with a lot of life experience and I have certainly flouted my parents wishes in my youth and made decisions many would think stupid. Maybe they were, but somehow I have always survived and ended up happy most of the time.
Here endeth today's lesson!
Back to top Go down
sandra6
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Do we make the right choices in life.   Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:05 pm

my daughter &
kids were in BG 5 years, me 3 years, we loved it but as you say things change, shes going thro a divorce now so we all had to go back to UK, i dident want to stay alone, they had to go back for jobs, so now were back its so cold &
expensive its very difficult to exsist, the only good thing is we can see family &
friends when we like, which is great as we missed then all so much, but we did enjoy BG very much, just need to sell the houses now which may take a while, good luck to all of you whatever you do, Sandra
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we make the right choices in life.   

Back to top Go down

Do we make the right choices in life.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2