PostSubject: Smoking Ban   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Full smoking ban in Public places comes into force on 1st June 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... g/bulletin
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Dectivated member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Johnbaz if you don't like smoke don't go to a bar/restaurant, u seem all for the nanny state, at present that nanny says it's ok to smoke so deal with it. Once it changes that's a different story. But for now nanny says smoke is good!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:24 pm

This is a very emotive subject ... please can we just talk about the smoking ban in general and not start 'name-calling' other members on the forum.

Thanks
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Banned member2

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:59 pm

There are bars and restaurants in Bulgaria where you are not allowed to smoke . They have responsible owners that have seen the light and know that people that still have taste buds enjoy eating the food in a smoke free smell free environment . There will be a ban coming to Bulgaria mark my words . Like the rest of the world it will be forced on them .
Back to top Go down
Dectivated member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:16 pm

ohhh I'm as scared as the other 7 million BG smokers, last time they ignored it and the government caved in, same will happen again.

what happened to freedom of choice, if u can choose a no smoking restaurant go there and get off the cases of people that smoke!!, We don't complain about the carbon monoxide out of your car exhaust, but you probably don't consider that as equally dangerous to health, do you?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm

I have already posted previously stating that I have no objections to people smoking as long as I don't have to share their habits
Not being a smoker it is hard to understand what or how pleasure is obtained from it. I am lead to believe that pleasure is drawn by the fact that smoke is inhaled through the mouth and exhaled through the nose. if that is the case then many of the smokers I have seen don't smoke, it's a habbit, they take a packet of cigarettes out of pocket, open it up, take out a cigarette, light it, inhale smoke and then puff it out of the mouth over everybody
I am sure that many people who light up a cigarette do it as a habit and don't even realise they are doing it. That is an expensive habit at nearly £8.00 a packet. I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, so apologies in advance, if I have I am sure somebody will put me right
T
Back to top Go down
Dectivated member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:57 pm

willowsend, without being a smoker u will never understand, sorry. In much the same way u'd never understand being a junky without being one. (i have never been one nor want to be, but can relate to the addiction part of it)

the big flaw in ur theory about inhaling through the mouth and exhaling through the nose is utter **********, sorry, but nicotine is absorbed in the lungs so has nothing to do with point of entry or exit.

Oh and by the way driving is an expensive habit too at £5+ per gallon and I'm sure u don't think about that, you see it as necessity.

I have no objections to non-smokers either, but the law as it stands says I can smoke where i want, so I'm doing nothing wrong.

Edited by Admin. Unacceptable language this is a family forum.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have already posted previously stating that I have no objections to people smoking as long as I don't have to share their habits
Not being a smoker it is hard to understand what or how pleasure is obtained from it. I am lead to believe that pleasure is drawn by the fact that smoke is inhaled through the mouth and exhaled through the nose. if that is the case then many of the smokers I have seen don't smoke, it's a habbit, they take a packet of cigarettes out of pocket, open it up, take out a cigarette, light it, inhale smoke and then puff it out of the mouth over everybody
I am sure that many people who light up a cigarette do it as a habit and don't even realise they are doing it. That is an expensive habit at nearly £8.00 a packet. I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, so apologies in advance, if I have I am sure somebody will put me right
T

Being an ex smoker I can tell you that when I smoked I totally enjoyed it . Having a beer and a smoke is something to be enjoyed, very relaxing . In fact in the past and in the World Wars it was often known for people that were wounded to be given a smoke and a swig of Whiskey to help them relax. One of the qualities of a fag is that it relaxes the body, why (I don't know). There is also the smoking of dope that is said to help those in extreme discomfort such as people that suffer with MS.

I would never deny a person a fag as I know how addictive they are :: . But I would never go back I like oldun and others on here have seen family and friends die of smoking related diseases in fact too many to name .

In the UK there are bans in public places Pubs eating houses etc but then you find the smokers outside making a mess with the fag ends. As long as these things are made there will always be smokers.

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This is a very emotive subject ... please can we just talk about the smoking ban in general and not start 'name-calling' other members on the forum.

Thanks
Chris

Hello? Did anybody read this (see my last message above)?

Any more name-calling or direct comments aimed at other forum members and I shall lock this topic immediately.

If you can't keep your comments polite, civil, and suitable for a family forum, then keep them to yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Dectivated member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:46 pm

who's calling who names? reading through the topic i see a heated debate but no name calling, I apologise for semi edited language (rules differ forum to forum) but i absolutely 100% stand behind my comments. Posting myths doesn't help the debate!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 pm

spantrout wrote:
who's calling who names?

That's my opinion as a forum moderator on this topic.

However, anything I (as a Moderator) consider against forum protocol will result in a locked topic and, if necessary, a ban.

There has been far too much 'namecalling' (and I mean forum names, not bad language as such) in this thread for my liking.

This is supposed to be a general discussion about a smoking ban, not a mud-slinging match about people's own opinions on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Dectivated member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:03 pm

why not do us all a favour and just lock it, we'll see on june 2 who's correct, because if i'm being pulled up for a non-smoker coming up with some theory on how to smoke, that is abosolute ****, then I'm sorry I'll comment on that, and if that is not regarded as a right to reply, then u can put ur forum where the sun don't shine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 pm

That was your last post on this forum spantrout. You were warned!

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Dectivated member wrote:
why not do us all a favour and just lock it

Whilst that may do you a favour, it is not in the general interests of this forum, as people do have valid comments on the subject and can express themselves without namecalling or using abusive language.

Dectivated member wrote:
if that is not regarded as a right to reply

Everybody here has the 'right to reply', it's the 'manner of response' than can be objectionable and lead to intervention by Admin or a Moderator.

Dectivated member wrote:
u can put ur forum where the sun don't shine.

Enough Said!
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Well put Chris that's why I like this forum it maintains the respect of all of us.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:40 pm

In fact i do think cars are a bad thing and i do try to walk , there are lots of bad things in this world and i try to avoid them if i can , smoking is a addictive drug that kills people , its not going to kill me as i want a telegram from the Queen . I am
also thinking about opening a drink and drugs addiction clinic in VT , if you interested PM me . we will also cover anger management .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoking Ban   

Back to top Go down

Smoking Ban

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next