HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 Best Bargains in UK & BG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6839
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi Guys
I have to share this with you as I simply could not believe it myself. I need new specks and as you know these days they are not cheap, well mine are not as they have to be verifocal, thin and light, reactalight anti glare all singing and dancing It costs me a small fortune to get new ones. Tescos quoted me £390, Vision Express £385 My own opticians Hamilton Smith quoted me £520 then I tried Asda in Peterborough and they quoted me the following - with new frames and all of the above £139 Yes you read that right, I could not believe it - naturally I snapped that deal up Amazing or what!!! Plus while we waited we were given free drinks voucher - I know where we will be going from now on - so spread the word. Asda for Specs g

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2265
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 61
Location : Paskalevets

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi Guys
I have to share this with you as I simply could not believe it myself. I need new specks and as you know these days they are not cheap, well mine are not as they have to be verifocal, thin and light, reactalight anti glare all singing and dancing It costs me a small fortune to get new ones. Tescos quoted me £390, Vision Express £385 My own opticians Hamilton Smith quoted me £520 then I tried Asda in Peterborough and they quoted me the following - with new frames and all of the above £139 Yes you read that right, I could not believe it - naturally I snapped that deal up Amazing or what!!! Plus while we waited we were given free drinks voucher - I know where we will be going from now on - so spread the word. Asda for Specs g


Asda to be good then Berni!!
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 1784
Join date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Specsavers have a great deal on until march, i have just been and like you bernie, i have everything from bi focal, reactorlite, light. free eye test the lot cost me..........................89 pounds. :Howdy:cheaper than 3 years ago. g

my partner went in november, had the same as me with 30% off for being a pensioner and cost 3oo pounds. g he is not happy g

moral of the story...........get your specs in january. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Eye test done at Spec savers in the UK had the Specs made in BG saved a fortune

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:33 pm

That's ASDA price as they say
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2010-03-24
Age : 69

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:13 am

Just goes to show that shopping around does pay. We ladies often hear our other half complaining that we seem to go from one shop to another and never seem to buy anything and then we may go back to the first one or one we visited in the middle? Now you men know why.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 206
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:38 am

Eye see [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2265
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 61
Location : Paskalevets

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Just goes to show that shopping around does pay. We ladies often hear our other half complaining that we seem to go from one shop to another and never seem to buy anything and then we may go back to the first one or one we visited in the middle? Now you men know why.


Still doesn't make sense to me, I'm usually cream crackered by the time we get back to the first shop. It's possible that the brain has dimmed as a result of the excursion to so many shops and so in a moment's lack of concentration we hand our credit or debit card to be used. But at least we can now go and sit in the car and enjoy the comfort of a seat under our backsides and relax, although knowing that the day has cost us a princely sum!!

Angel
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 162
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Berni, before we came out here two years ago we were quoted some rediculous prices from different opticians who were asking for £300 for a pair of bifocals and reading glasses.
While out shopping in Asda one day we called at the opticians there and got an offer we couldnt refuse...... two really nice pairs for £70 !
Great value for money and a very professional job.


g
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6839
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi Berni, before we came out here two years ago we were quoted some rediculous prices from different opticians who were asking for £300 for a pair of bifocals and reading glasses.
While out shopping in Asda one day we called at the opticians there and got an offer we couldnt refuse...... two really nice pairs for £70 !
Great value for money and a very professional job.


g

Bargain!! chrisbriggs g I just could not believe my own optician £520 I think I need to get tough with people

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6839
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 am

[size=150:1r5f6rjx]PLEASE BE AWARE PICTURE ATTACHED MIGHT GIVE YOU A FRIGHT

:Sunny:Oh got my new glasses and am very happy with them save me over £400 going to Asda fab! g

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 am


_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2124
Join date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:12 am

PLEASE BE AWARE PICTURE ATTACHED MIGHT GIVE YOU A FRIGHT
Not MIGHT it has, not good for a Sunday Morning

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6839
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
PLEASE BE AWARE PICTURE ATTACHED MIGHT GIVE YOU A FRIGHT
Not MIGHT it has, not good for a Sunday Morning

Oh ahhhhhhh :Cool3:Thank God I warned you Don't want you flaking out on us

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6134
Join date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:40 pm

I wonder if this on my front door would keep away unwanted callers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Best Bargains in UK & BG   

Back to top Go down
 

Best Bargains in UK & BG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» More aldi bargains
» B&M Bargains Windbreaks and Chairs.
» Combination microwave
» Don't you just love Aldi bargains!
» Memory foam toppers at ASDA

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-