View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Property/Council Tax   Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can any member please give me any indication as to how much property/council tax we should have to pay and how the Authorities arrive at a figure, for village rather than town/city properties T
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:46 pm

T for all the useful information, and noticing some of the replies there doesn't appear to be a regular format.
Typical Bulgaria. think of a number, double it, take away 20, multiply by 3 and I guess that is what the tax will be
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
our village has approximately 200 inhabitants, mostly old farmers and owners of what we would call smallholdings, one shop, two bars and one church.

Ours is a 3-bed detached in a town with over 1,500 inhabitants. 3 hotels, 5 restaurants, 10 bars, 25 shops and we pay 47 leva for the year! Out of that they've just replaced all the mains water pipes throughout town and the mains drainage system. Goodness knows how they do it on that money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Ours is a 3-bed detached in a town with over 1,500 inhabitants. 3 hotels, 5 restaurants, 10 bars, 25 shops and we pay 47 leva for the year! Out of that they've just replaced all the mains water pipes throughout town and the mains drainage system. Goodness knows how they do it on that money.

BG doesn't employ councillors earning three figure salaries and paying huge pensions.
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Thank you all for your kind welcome replies - what a response!

Re Council Tax, It seems we are definately paying over the odds and certainly haven't paid that much before although I will be looking into it.

I have been informed that the lady who deals with the tax declarations in the municipality is on holiday and won't be back at work until after the public holiday which runs from 1st to 7th May - very frustrating. If she doesn't sort it out then I will return with my Bulstat Card in hand and demand explanations!! Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:56 am

Hi All
In our area this year it was noticed the various differences regarding Property Taxes, as a result I organised a meeting with the Mayor and the Chief of the Tax office to request explanations to the various questions being raised.
They were more than pleased to have a meeting and below are notes made by me of the results

I should point out that this is for our Area, and as most of us are aware, every region is different, but it may shed some light on some concerns.......or maybe not..........

Questions posed
1. General outline of how property tax is calculated?
2. Some Villages have had increases, some have reductions - Why?
3. We are told as we are a Company we are charged a higher rate for garbage removal, We have to be a company to be able to buy, as we submit Nil Tax returns to show we are not a Trading company, why are we still classed as a Company.?
4. Properties in the same village are all different - Why?

Explanation:
According the Tax law art.66 every village has a plan for all costs of transportation of waste and this amount is divided between the Village.
Last year this amount has been divided between all properties in Municipality and that's why every property tax/including waste tax/ was much lower.

There must be a formula as the response stated, based on Size, location, type, situation, population facilities and infrastructure, and this year this has been sent to the 40 different Villages in our region.

Also pointed out, you receive that calculation based on the information initially submitted when you purchased the property, so at some point your Tax assets have been lodged with the Local Tax office,
As mentioned again the changes or alterations to the propertyare made since purchasing they should be reported annually, that is in respect of renovated properties and not new builds, As that effects the Tax

So if you are still in disagreement with the Tax you have been asked / or paid, or want to know exactly what you have on record, and as agreed at the meeting, then contact Municipality Tax office where you can check exactly what is recorded against you

It was quite clear that as a company you will be charged the company rate, regardless of trading or non-trading, as ' quote' That is the law' unquote, as it appears the company register and tax office have no system in place to differentiate, so from that and previous statement regarding scale, it will be based on size, location etc etc, who puts what into what bin and how much will never, in my opinion, be able to be clarified
It is also based on size of village, number of bins in each village, and distance traveled by Disposal Company to empty and I imagine the disposal company set that figure which has now been offset to each village
if you own more than one property and any of those are not inhabited You should also arrange to complete a declaration regarding other vacant properties, stating that they are not inhabited, to get a reduction in taxes, but as pointed out, if they have Electric and water connected, it may change the status?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:53 am

:Thank you:Bill for that information
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:30 am

Thank you for the info.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Thank you for the info.
Hope you get it sorted and I hope the info you got from members on the forum was helpful
I haven't paid any tax for last year yet as I was waiting for the Mayor to tell me what was happening to the general state of the village
The village has street lights, some work, some don't, there is only a two hourly bus service, the large road-side garbage bins only arrived last October and on my latest visit I have to say it is the worst I have ever seen the main road through the village, there are more pot-holes, sorry I meant craters than tarmac, in fact it is so bad that people have been getting nearer and nearer to the fields and have created a new road at the side of the old one. In one place the crater is so big that somebody has put a metal post in with some red material tied to it, and of course all the side roads are just dirt tracks
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Willowsend!

Yes, I know the road and have seen the post marking the pot hole.

Our village has been forgotten in time and there are more abandoned/derelict houses than people living there - although we don't complain as it is lovely and quiet! We also have power cuts as soon as the wind blows or we get a thunderstorm. Our electricity supply to the house originally consisted of live cables joined through a plastic coke bottle just sitting on top of the ground! We got so fed up with trying to get someone to fix it properly and of course it was dangerous as the gypsies found out when they tried to steal it. Eventually my other half made a proper safe connection and buried the cable in the ground himself. The road into the village was flooded when we arrived last visit and it was still bad a fortnight later when I left. We only have one small shop selling out of date produce but good daily bread delivery.

When the facilities are that bad the Council Tax should reflect this. I now have to wait until after the Public Holiday and the staff return to the municipality office to sort it out.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Paid mine this morning and it has risen a tad since last year..35 leva now against 33 leva. That's for a 12 roomed house on 1500 sq m in the village plus a bit over 2000 acres on the outskirts. My 6 room apartment in the city cost me 60 leva on April Fools Day, which hasn't changed for the last three years.
I have no idea how they work it out, but I'm not going to challenge them over it. I own some other houses and land within the region and the tax bills seem to be in keeping with the above.
Whichever way you look at it..it's a heap cheaper than most other countries.

I just went back and read some of the other posts since I wrote the original bit....over the last few months we have had 18 kms of new road put through the village leading to places further out..bus services to the city have increased to 10 per day..internet is amongst the fastest in the country (much faster than in the city) and power/water problems have decreased from 10 or 11 per year to something like 2 or 3. I've been here nearly seven years now and feel qualified to give an opinion.

Sitting in my deckchair this afternoon, beer at hand, enjoying 30 degrees of warmth, looking at the snow on the mountain tops, I couldn't help but wonder...does it get any better?

Last edited by 1724 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:18 pm

I think this topic was well worth the airing and a help for all concerned T
Now I will start a new topic on water rates, see new post
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:40 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Sitting in my deckchair this afternoon, beer at hand, enjoying 30 degrees of warmth, looking at the snow on the mountain tops, I couldn't help but wonder...does it get any better?

Good for you bgbazz - we sit out in our garden and think the same.

Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:45 am

Had a wonderful afternoon watching dancers and listening to choirs and a chat with the mayor told him we didn't understand the municipality tax on this site and he said the fewer the people the higher the tax. Simple maths the municipality needs X amount and it is divided between those living there so it is not a good idea to live in a village or town with only a few people living there it will make the tax high. he was then conserned and asked if we were moving A giant resounding NO from us we love it here and he was happy
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:11 am

Had a wonderful afternoon watching dancers and listening to choirs and a chat with the mayor told him we didn't understand the municipality tax on this site and he said the fewer the people the higher the tax. Simple maths the municipality needs X amount and it is divided between those living there so it is not a good idea to live in a village or town with only a few people living there it will make the tax high. he was then conserned and asked if we were moving A giant resounding NO from us we love it here and he was happy

I think your Mayor is having a laugh isn't he. From what you have printed here makes me think we should move on quickly to a larger village as there are only 160 inhabitants where our property is. If the municipality tax was 1000 leva for a village of 1000 inhabitants, that would be 1leva each, but if there were only 100 inhabitants in the next village they would have to pay 10 leva each. On the understanding that your Mayor has given you that information I would say that living in a small village you are being penalised and does the population count come from an out of date register of electors list
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:27 am

don't know where they get their number crunching from but i am happy to be living in a small town with all the amenitities we have for such little money I am truly greatful It is worth thinking about for the people buying don't go for less go for more and cost you less thats the only numbers i can crunch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   

Back to top Go down

Property/Council Tax

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Information about buying property and living in Bulgaria-