View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Property/Council Tax   Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can any member please give me any indication as to how much property/council tax we should have to pay and how the Authorities arrive at a figure, for village rather than town/city properties T
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Have to chase our waterboy for a bill however, now I found if I go into the waterboard the clerk recognised me straight away and becons me to his desk to pay. He asked me the company name, then tells me 39lev that was for the year. job done!

justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Just as it should be Berni..kinda quaint aint it!
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Post   Mon May 13, 2013 10:56 am

Hi,

What I love is not having a letter box full of junk every day! When I had a parcel delivered from China I collected it from the Mayor/Sheriff's office in the village. Most of the old folk in the village were in the office when I went to collect it. It caused quite a stir.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Mon May 13, 2013 1:34 pm

make sure you pay your council tax. friends of ours had a company sort out all their affairs as they do not live here. this year they found out this company have not been paying the council tax ever. c . they have recieved no post reguarding this non payment.

now, this matter has been taken to the courts and put in the hands of the bailiffs. it was only by accident they found out, they have been to the municipality and paid in full, but there will be money owed to the bailiffs, they just dont know how much yet. they return in august to bulgaria, but a worrying time for them.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Mon May 13, 2013 1:57 pm

It pays to keep on top of things like taxes, licences and the like because many departments don't feel that it is up to them to send out a bill or reminder letter..it's up to the individual to keep things up to date. My wife discovered, quite by accident, that her late husband (died 9 years ago) had left an outstanding tax bill amounting to just over 5000 leva..she had never been notified of it, but had to cough up the money anyway! I went with her to pay the money and whilst there, I queried the system..I was informed, rather bluntly, that it was not their responsibility to send out anything to remind people of their obligations!!!! Apparently they can't let work get in the way of tea breaks, lunch and the office gossip sessions.
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Mon May 13, 2013 5:47 pm

If you live in the UK and have a property company looking after your utility payments make sure they send you the bill receipts. I have had all ours scanned to us. Luckily we have quite a good company and they are pretty diligent about bill payments, the only problem being that they don't query the bills if they seem high but just pay them. We only discovered how high ours were during a conversation with a local neighbour who only pays 30 leva a year. Whether we will get a reduction or not I don't know as we have been paying very high rates i.e. over 600 leva for the last 8 years. Even if we are successful in getting a reduction i.e. if they have miscalcuated, I doubt if we would get any back refunds.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Mon May 13, 2013 6:14 pm

jacqueline wrote:
If you live in the UK and have a property company looking after your utility payments make sure they send you the bill receipts. I have had all ours scanned to us. Luckily we have quite a good company and they are pretty diligent about bill payments, the only problem being that they don't query the bills if they seem high but just pay them. We only discovered how high ours were during a conversation with a local neighbour who only pays 30 leva a year. Whether we will get a reduction or not I don't know as we have been paying very high rates i.e. over 600 leva for the last 8 years. Even if we are successful in getting a reduction i.e. if they have miscalcuated, I doubt if we would get any back refunds.

I think your property company should have a good idea as to whether you are being overcharged or not. Why don't you ask your neighbour's what they have been paying, because I know that not all of them will be serviced by the same company ::
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Mon May 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Anywhere between 30 and 35 leva per year is what you should be paying plus whatever fee your agent charges, of course.
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Our property company look after both houses we have that are quite near each other. They get paid a separate yearly fee for their homecare service as they check the properties, pay all the bills and also service the letting of one of the houses i.e. cleaning, pool maintenance and garden etc. so there should be no extras charges made or deducted without our knowledge. Hopefully I should hear something next week when they have checked at the Municipality office! - Watch this space!!
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sun May 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Went to pay our on Thursday paid 34lev for the year. g

jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Sun May 19, 2013 9:15 pm

That would be nice -if only! Still waiting to hear about the reduction for our property, it has been agreed but we don't know how much yet.
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Mon May 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi,

Good News - got our Council Tax reduced to 34 levs. (for 2014) and this year loads less. Well worth pursuing! Next mission is to get the Garbage Tax on our other house reduced which currently stands at over 900 Levs. No logic to it at all.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Mon May 27, 2013 5:20 pm

That is good news because it fits with the rest of the country. This garbage tax is a worry though..for all of my properties, the council tax INCLUDES the garbage levy. Keep hot on the trail.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 am

jacqueline wrote:
Hi,

Good News - got our Council Tax reduced to 34 levs. (for 2014) and this year loads less. Well worth pursuing! Next mission is to get the Garbage Tax on our other house reduced which currently stands at over 900 Levs. No logic to it at all.

I am so pleased you came on this forum and took the advice from the members. It just goes to prove that if the Authorities can con us they will
Good for you and well done g
Back to top Go down
will666
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Tue May 28, 2013 7:46 am

our rates were very low, about 25 lev ,I have been told that garbage tax is payable as an extra, if the house was in a company name , ive never seen a bill yet though

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.my-bulgarian-house-renovation.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   

Back to top Go down

Property/Council Tax

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Information about buying property and living in Bulgaria-