View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Property/Council Tax   Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can any member please give me any indication as to how much property/council tax we should have to pay and how the Authorities arrive at a figure, for village rather than town/city properties T
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Tue May 28, 2013 7:53 am

You may well be right about the garbage tax and company owned houses..mine are mine and have no connection with a company, so I have no personal experience with that.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 am

well done sorting it out Tax etc can be a nightmare get it right now and it pays off in the end. We have never had a garbage tax bill either How on earth can they send you a bill for that amount Are you paying for whole town or village that you live in!
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Tue May 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Well, I have been told that the Garbage Tax is 3.8 thousandth for company properties calculated on the property value written in the deed. i.e deed 244,478.75 levs x 3.8 = 929019.25 : 1000 = 929.02 levs. All Garbage taxes are due to increase dramatically due to the EU insisting Bulgaria recycles at least 50% whereas at the moment it is only 17%. Ummm... blinded by science...
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Tue May 28, 2013 3:10 pm

jacqueline wrote:
Well, I have been told that the Garbage Tax is 3.8 thousandth for company properties calculated on the property value written in the deed. i.e deed 244,478.75 levs x 3.8 = 929019.25 : 1000 = 929.02 levs. All Garbage taxes are due to increase dramatically due to the EU insisting Bulgaria recycles at least 50% whereas at the moment it is only 17%. Ummm... blinded by science...

I am completely blinded by science now and the other problem I have is that my calculator only goes up to 8 digits
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 am

bgbazz wrote:
You may well be right about the garbage tax and company owned houses..mine are mine and have no connection with a company, so I have no personal experience with that.

We've never heard of garbage tax, worrying, but we are privately owned and hopefully it doesn't apply. In our town in Turkey they charge the Brits garbage tax, but of course not their own Turkish nationals!
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu May 30, 2013 8:42 am

Its all included in your municipality tax, home, garbage, car if you have one (and registered with the municipality), it should itemised on your Factura, well mine is in Burgas! Infact the biggest proportion/charge is for the garbage!
If you have an empty/unused property you can make a declaration at the municipality to that effect and get a 50% reduction in your charges. This declaration have to be made annually tho.
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu May 30, 2013 9:06 am

Garbage and Property Tax are usually all in together so if you check your receipt from the Municipality it should be itemised - however I don't know what the Bulgarian word for it is! We still have to pay for garbage on both our houses, even though one is solely used by us for 3-4 months of the year. What worries me is if the price is based on the purchase price what are the Bulgarians paying as most in our village are very old - the houses and the residents - and the houses are probably only worth about 20,000 levs. yet they are permanent residents. All very strange this Bulgarian system.
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu May 30, 2013 9:50 am

I was under the impression it was based on the tax valuation of the property, which is/was similar to our Rateable value here in the UK. If your house/land is in your company name it will be more expensive as it's a business. If you think you are paying too much (ie over 50 leva for a village house) it's because its classed as a business at the municipality, if on your deed it say's "
residential"
then you need to go to the Municipality and asked them to change it to residential status, you need to go to the top/boss as the folks on the desk/computer cannot change this without orders from above. The aforemention mix-up usually occurred when you had to re-register your property/land (for those that it applied too).
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 am

We don't have a garbage collection as such at any of our places..in town there are skips on the side of the street, along with the different recycling bins, so everyone just takes their stuff down whenever they need to. In the village there are very large skips which get changed over once a fortnight..I think there are 3 for the whole place, which means that some folk have to walk a long way to get rid if their rubbish. Most houses here would be struggling to be worth 20,000 leva IMHO..the one next door to me, situated on about 950sq m, has an asking price of 6 grand, but I know he would take 4grand quite happily.
Back to top Go down
jacqueline

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks so much for your help and comments -

No, we don't have a house to house collection - don't think they do in any of the villages - but as you say, large bins are placed around the village and you take your bags of rubbish to put in them. Personally I prefer this as you can dispose of all your rubbish when you want and don't have to comply with green bins, brown bins, glass bins etc etc. as in the UK. Also anything of value the gypsies take - sort of local recycling! If we have any large metal items, clothes etc we just leave it next to the bin and it disappears like magic. The only problem is that some of the villagers are too lazy to walk to the bins and just tip their rubbish in the hedges. Having said all this the EU are clamping down on countries that don't do recycling on a proper basis and this will put the prices up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Property/Council Tax   

Back to top Go down

Property/Council Tax

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Information about buying property and living in Bulgaria-