HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 Winter entertainment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 267
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:58 am

I know it's a bit early but the end of the Summer is almost upon us and Autumn is almost here. I for one do my decorating and other jobs during the Autumn as it's cooler but the Winter is when I find it boring.Yes like many of you I read by the fire and watch some TV and go on the inernet which I am lucky to have I know which brings me to entertainment for those who have the internet.

What you need is "
Bit Torrent"
which you download and keep as an Icon on your desk top and this will automatically pop up once you start downloading.Bit torrent has kind people called "
Seeders"
who provided programmes for us to down load and we are "
Leechers"
. These appear on the right hand side of Bit Torrent page and the rule of thumb is that you need more Seeders than leechers to get a good download speed.
Usually I go for at least 12 Seeders to get some sort of a download speed. If you have a USB port on your TV you have cracked it as you can download from Bit Torrent onto a memory stick once the download is completed and if not no worries you can watch on your Laptop or PC.

You may have or may not have heard of the "
Pirate Bay"
which is a download site and is frowned upon in the Uk by the Goverment just in case we are getting something for nothing.The UK have banned this site but if you type in "
The Pirate Bay"
a menu will appear and the one to click on is Pirate Bay SX as this is the one Pirate Bay site that is functioning.Once you have done that you will see their logo which is a Pirate Ship and a box for you to enter your request for which you want to down load.A list will appear once bit torrent pops up with your request featuring Seeders and Leechers as explained next to the film or series you have chosen.

Just to point out that on my TV set which is only 3 years old will not recognise a couple of download formats. VLS media player being one and the other is x264 which is a down load format that is shown by the seeder beside the download but these formats will play on your PC or Laptop.
Today I downloaded "
Olmpus has Fallen"
which is a film as I like a Saturday night movie.Other series I have on BIt Torrent is "
The Glades"
"
The Sopranos"
"
Suits"
and similar.Just keep an eye on your disk space on "
My Computer"
if you only have a small amount.

If your interested and you have a problem or a question just let me know and I will help you over come it.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What you need is "
Bit Torrent"
which you download and keep as an Icon on your desk top and this will automatically pop up once you start downloading.

NOTE: The Administrators and Moderators of this forum do NOT condone the illegal streaming of movies and music.

It's not the fact that you are merely 'downloading', but using torrents ensure you are 'uploading' or 'sharing' at the same time which is illegal.

Prosecutions are becoming much more common, especially in Europe, so be it on your own head if you wish to use Streaming software and torrent sites.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You may have or may not have heard of the "
Pirate Bay"
which is a download site and is frowned upon in the Uk by the Goverment just in case we are getting something for nothing.

Three of my friends who are (were) in a very successful rock band are now on the dole. Reason? Their new album was 'leaked' onto a torrent site and hundreds of thousands of copies were downloaded for free. They put their life savings (and a lot of bank savings too) into that album. Not just their writing time, studio time, mixing, production costs, but also artwork design, distribution, etc., and due to the illegal downloads, they are now heavily in debt and looking for work.

Why: because the people downloading via the torrent sites were 'getting something for nothing'.

As I said, we as a forum do not condone using seeding software such as BitTorrent, nor do we condone the use of illegal torrent sites such as PirateBay.

However, if any of our members wish to go ahead, and can live with a clear conscience of stealing the work of others, then carry on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 267
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 am

I understand what you have said Chris and I agree and I sympathise about the band members you have described.I never mentioned music and I have never downloaded any.With series such as Suits have already been shown on UK and US TV and there is no law in my understanding that you cannot copy via video recorder or Sky box any of these programmes to watch or keep.As for films that are recent releases they are done on a cam corder and to be honest they are rubbish and not worth the bother.Earlier films you can down load from as recent as 2012 you can download legaly from many free sites as they have done the box office and are archived.The only reason that the Pirate Bay is ilegal is because it allows the Cam Corder brigade to download and up load the latest film releases as they have not been released to TV companies or on disc.

Filmon have proved to the European Parliment that what it shows have or being transmiited to the public is legal including the BBC programmes and that's why they are still going.For instance it is common knowledge that the Dutch watch many programmes transmiited by the UK without any payment.

It depends on what you download is whether you feel guilty or not and I'm afraid programmes like I have mentioned are out there to be watched for free other than the Pirate Bay. Bit Torrent is not in league with Pirate Bay as it is internet tool like any other and can be used for down loading anything legal or illegal it's a medium that computors use and is a free legal proramme which is used by many internet users including companies.
Net flix and other similar companies offer films to watch if you pay a fee which has to be charged as they have a catolouge of films dating way back and have to pay royalties to promote their business.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:11 am

As I said, it's up to each individual. However it must be pointed out that as a forum we do not condone the use of torrents or streaming of copyrighted materials.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 267
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:41 am

Here is the definitio
Legality
The same way that you can legally own a gun for recreational target practice and hunting, you could also use it to rob a bank. BitTorrent is a perfectly legitimate technology, it's simply a matter of what you use it for that makes it legal or illegal.

That tech-savvy friend who's downloading movies weeks before they come out on DVD? He's probably breaking the law.

Your friend who's using BitTorrent to download a new indie movie with the director's blessing? He's got the right idea.



Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 2csjvCrbCn of Bit Torrent because I don't want our members thinking that it is illegal to own or use as suggested.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:44 am

speedgunner, I don't intend getting into a discussion about the legalities of this. I had to point out that the forum does not condone the use of torrents to dowload any copyrighted materials.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 267
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:10 pm

If you don't like a constructive discussion that's fine but you made a statement about Bit torrent which wasn't true and I felt I had to point out that you are wrong as other forum members would be discouraged by what you said from using Bit torrent. You see as an ex copper and an ex Sergeant Major I only deal in fact. It's your privilage to condone what happens on the forum I agree and I respect that.But what you said and I understand your concerns fully about illegal downloads which I said I agree with all I was doing was giving members a legal way of entertaining their selves in the dark cold Winter months.
For those forum members who are interested:
It is illegal to use the pirate bay to download copyright infringing files, however not everything on the pirate bay is illegal, there are some original movies, and music that have been uploaded so it is legal depending on how you use it.

By now you are proberbly thinking of pushing me off Our Bulgaria Forum but once agiain it is your privilage.I make no excuses as I didn't win 26 Crown and Magistrates court cases by backing down.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If you don't like a constructive discussion that's fine but you made a statement about Bit torrent which wasn't true and I felt I had to point out that you are wrong as other forum members would be discouraged by what you said from using Bit torrent. You see as an ex copper and an ex Sergeant Major I only deal in fact. It's your privilage to condone what happens on the forum I agree and I respect that.But what you said and I understand your concerns fully about illegal downloads which I said I agree with all I was doing was giving members a legal way of entertaining their selves in the dark cold Winter months.
For those forum members who are interested:
It is illegal to use the pirate bay to download copyright infringing files, however not everything on the pirate bay is illegal, there are some original movies, and music that have been uploaded so it is legal depending on how you use it.

By now you are proberbly thinking of pushing me off Our Bulgaria Forum but once agiain it is your privilage.I make no excuses as I didn't win 26 Crown and Magistrates court cases by backing down.

Did you actually read the Private Message I sent you over an hour ago?

I have no intention whatsoever of banning you, however I am a bit tired of always been the 'Bad Mod', just for pointing out the position of the forum on certain issues.

As I said it's up to each member to inform themselves and make a choice.

I never said BitTorrent was illegal. I said that streaming (downloading and uploading) of copyrighted materials, and robbing these people of their livelihood is illegal and, more importantly, unethical.

If you wish to carry on berating me about this in a private discussion, then please feel free. Despite your claims I do not like a 'discussion', you will find that I do.

I also only deal with 'fact' and had I not posted in this thread, pointing out the stance of the forum, then this site could be closed down. Shame for all the members that actually enjoy visiting here, and also don't object to the way we run things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Scunnered
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Chris is quite correct, we as a forum cannot condone illegal downloads. We could find ourselves in serious trouble.
And I don't think for one minute that people will check the copyright of material they want to download!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6136
Join date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Let me just add that if members wish to go ahead and download material that is copyrighted then that is their choice but we will not condone this activity on this forum now or any other time, by all means discuss the rights and wrongs and have an opinion but as far as the forum is concerned it's definably not something I/we will encourage or condone. So please any links maybe only passed to members who may ask you for them via pm. g

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Daisy
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1122
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Quite agree with Chris and the others this is something this forum has always been against and I for one think that downloading anything that belongs to others without paying for it is no different to robbing someone one the streets. This is only my opinion so don't have a go at me. s
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 267
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:09 pm

I tried to log in with the e-mail you sent and thought I had forgotten my password.I asked for a new pass word and put it in and nothing I also tried putting the characters in individualy and still nothing so I can't answer any PM'S
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 7041
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Chris is quite correct, we as a forum cannot condone illegal downloads. We could find ourselves in serious trouble.
And I don't think for one minute that people will check the copyright of material they want to download!

Chirs is not only a mod he is our tech espert and he has to ensure that everything is outlined correctly in accordance to the laws. He mearly pointed out that it is up to the indivitual should they wish to download or upload. He did not remove the post nor did he encorage it. Our rules are we as a forum do not and will not encourage the use of torrent sites or any similar illegal sharing site of this nature. If they are posted than we have to point out our rules, which is exactly what Chris did.

Speedgunner, neither Chris nor any of the mods have any intention of banning you, you are a valid member of the forum and you have freedom of speech like everyone else including the mods, but look at from the forum's point of view we cannot take any risk.

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I tried to log in with the e-mail you sent and thought I had forgotten my password.I asked for a new pass word and put it in and nothing I also tried putting the characters in individualy and still nothing so I can't answer any PM'S

Should just be able to click the PM button at top of screen without logging in again
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6136
Join date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:13 pm

If your logged in then there is no reason why you can not use the pm system, can you tell me what message your getting when you try to read or send a pm? g

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Winter entertainment   

Back to top Go down
 

Winter entertainment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Compost in the Winter?
» getting strawberries ready for winter
» Putting raised beds to bed for the winter?
» Winter squash problem
» Any winter harvest yet?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-