View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two years ago our renovation builder placed plasterboard on most of our walls to hide the run of the new electrics and the central heating system. Unfortunately rats keep getting behind it all and run about and generally make a noise and start upsetting our dogs who go mad when they hear them. So off to the DIY store and I come back with a rat trap which is duly installed in the utility room where we know they appear, next day the bait had gone and so had the rat trap, can't find it anywhere! So with this in mind I trundled off to the DIY store once again and bought some rat poison pellets which I put in a Tuppeware dish and guess what . . . they stole the Tupperware dish!!!

What next I ask myself?

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:12 am

Perhaps you should sit and wait with a shotgun
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Itichy with all these dishes he is stealing I recon he is having a rat party and inviing the rat pack ::

Poor you I know where you are coming from - for a few years we had something in the loft too clever to be mice or rats so neighbours said it was a polecat, we saw a black squirl like animal on the trees and they reconed it was a yorkiebear ie polecat. We cut all the trees back around our villa also cut all the wires not used so the only wire in use now is the electric wire and they won't go on that. We sealed every opening and put screwed up wire up the drain pipers. Thankfully we have not had the litle critter back. He caused a lot of damage in the roof. The bulders replaced the wood last year when the fixed the roof.

I hope you catch him soon.

itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Itichy with all these dishes he is stealing I reacon he is having a rat party nd inviing the rat pack ::
I hope you catch him soon.

Bought another rat cage yesterday to catch them in, so it's a case of seeing if this one works or not. We hear the little critters chatting behind our plasterboard especially at night, they are as happy as Larry! It's a case of catching a few of them, don't know how many there are, but it's got to be done before we have a village of them living in our house and barn.

Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Perhaps you should sit and wait with a shotgun

This is by far the bets idea [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:31 am

Success at last! With rat traps in hand and a good supply of thick wafer biscuits covered in some Bulgarian Paté the rat cages and our remaining trap was laid two days ago and so far six rats have been caught. I carried the cages with raging rats inside to the middle of the middle of the field and set them free. That's nice I hear you say, but when I set them free I was encircled by seven of our dogs and they pounced on them straight away and expiration took place rather quickly. Unfortunately we couldn't take the chance of them getting back into house and so that was the only option to finalise our rat problem.

The traps have been reset for their lunch later today and perhaps supper, who knows?

g g g
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:15 pm

So you are rat free at alast yepeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I did not know dogs ate rats yuck!!!

itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:40 pm

So you are rat free at alast yepeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I did not know dogs ate rats yuck!!!

We still have more Berni - I can hear them walking over the lounge ceiling! The dogs had a good crunch and chew, but I don't think they have eaten them.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 pm

:: enough Itchy I have no constitution what so every....... Drunk

itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Ratty number seven was caught today, still more about though. So the dogs had breakfast at least!! Yummy, yummy!
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:39 pm

I'd be carful feeding rats to your dogs especially if they have eaten some rat poison from elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:55 pm

I'd be carful feeding rats to your dogs especially if they have eaten some rat poison from elsewhere?

They really only finish them off and not eat them, thank goodness, they are our exterminators.
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Glad to hear this as it could be very dangerous for them to eat them
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Rat number twelve was caught today in the cage and then I am followed by some of our dogs to the middle of the field and ratty is released and playtime them begins for the dogs. I am not keen on releasing them this way, but I can't have the rat coming back to the house and I believe they home in like cats who find their way home after vanishing miles away. Still more to be caught, the lounge ceiling is busy with them running around behind the plasterboard, it's a case of not wanted on voyage, I wish they would go somewhere else to live.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:02 pm

With yesteday's count we are up to 16 rats caught and euthanised. We can still hear more and wonder when it is going to finish. This Friday we are off to Pavlikeni for the usual food purchases and then off to my favourite DIY store and in amongst my purchases will be some spray foam. I am hoping that by attempting to fill any gaps under the edging tiles and as much as I can get down behind the plasterboard that we will have some peace at last.

:: :: ::
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:45 pm

Our latest count of rats is 24 caught and dealt with. Two traps on the go and plenty of human wafer bicci's and dog biscuits which they like, I suppose it's the price of living in the country. If we didn't have nine dogs we would get a cat or two, but no chance with our lot, the cat would last five minutes!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   

Back to top Go down

This Rat business is becoming expensive

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next