View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Electricity   Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has any Member noticed a sharp increase in their electric bill's this winter. I haven't got any electricity on yet my latest bill is 67.04leva. expensive alarm system
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Electricity prices   Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:26 am

I live in the Varna region and my electric bill from Energo-Pro ranges from 30Lv in the Summer to 45Lv in the Winter per month which I think is cheap.Now I have friends in the Siistra region who's electric bill from the same company ranges from 60Lv in the Summer and 130LV in the Winter?? I spoke to them on Skype and and asked them what appliances they are running?I run a large Fridge freezer and two small chest Freezers along with a Plasma TV two PC's a water heater for the shower which I never turn off plus a tumble dryer using it twice a week in the Winter and a Halogen oven and two cooker rings plus a water pump for my central heating.My friends use almost the same as I do except the tumble dryer as they fear the running cost which I understand as their bills are high enough.
I spoke to my mate who lives near Dobrich but only in the Spring through to Autumn and his bill is between 40lv and 45Lv.Now I would have been suspicious of my meter but the electric company have been round and checked it out with some sort of aparatus and said all is ok and this was in the Summer.
I'm not complaining you understand but my mind boggles at the price difference between my friends and I. Ok I havn't registered my property with the electric company and the name on the bill is that of my Bulgarian predecessor and not many ex pats do as I understand it.As we have companies I have since found out that when you register with the electric company they add an extra 20% on your bill as a tariff.
Now if you add 20% on to my highest bill of 45lv it only works out only 9lv extra!
So i know my meter is fine or so I am told and who am I to argue?So all I can say is that my friends are being ripped off with their tariff or both their meters are faulty which I doubt not both of them anyway.
When I go to pay my bill I have noticed that most Bulgarians electric bill range fro 9LV to 25LV which is about right as they wouldn't run as many appliances that I do.

These reason that I have brought this subject up is that I would be interested on the fluctuating bills that you may have in comparison.
Back to top Go down
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:09 am

i have to agree with you Speedgun, i would not change my name over either, it will be the fact that you come from in there terms a rich country, and therefore you can pay more, we have it here on the Isle Of Man, in most cases if you drive an expensive car or have a nice house the costs for service go up, i always told my clients to shut there garage door and hide the car before you called a trade in .
thinking of it though perhaps you could make more Bulgarian friends, and give them your washing machine and tumble drive on the condition that you can bring your washing around.
although if your meter says the same as on your bill all is fine, maybe they charge a delivery charge by the length of cable to the house, stupid really by you never know, i do think its in the name if you have an english sounding name your classed as rich?.
Back to top Go down
http://www.askbuck.com/.
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:10 am

Good heavens Speedy that is a fab price for Varna - As you know we live in Silsitra when there and our last bill was 128lev for the month. I will have to look into this more carefully this year. Our bills range for 79lev to 128 depending on what tools are being used, but come to think of it most of the tools are petrol now Yes will look into it.

Also I found out last year you can have the bill changed over to your own name hence no company charge. Will see the Norary about that this year too. Don't forget to let us know when you re in Silsitra Speedy meet up for coffee. c

Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Seems strange that the electric is more expensive in the Silistra area than here in the Varna area as your Oddball is a similar price to my friends who live in Popina.As I said the charge for a company is only an exrta 20% but in your case in would cost you an extra 26LV which is a lot.Your electric bill is on par with that of the UK!I will take you up on that Oddball the next time I'm up that way which will be in the Spring I think.
As for the Isle of Man I know it is independant but you supprise me Paddy that the Islanders are on the same tac as the Bulgarians.I find that odd as they speak English as we do and would find it hard to use the language barrier to confuse you as the Bulgarians do at times to increase the prices.We don't live far from Surorovo which is the main hub for electric distribution as all the pylons run out of there servicing the whole of Eastern Bulgaria as it is a huge station maybe that has something to do with it being cheaper here for electric as I am only 14km away.Perhaps it's a delivery charge and it differs from area to area and the further you are away the more it costs, I know it sounds daft but this is Bulgaria.Having said that my friends neighbour across the road in Popina had his electric bill which was 9Lv and apparently he has a TV which has a Cathay Ray Tube and they burn a bit of electric.
Tell you what those magnets don't stick to plastic that surrounds the meter very well( g
Back to top Go down
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:04 pm

your right and trust me if people can get away with it here they will.
i needed some plastering done in my office over and the plasterer seen my new xc90 volvo which at the time was 2 years old, and funny really the cost to do my office was near 3k so i ended up ordering picture walls of the equipment total cost £300 he just looked at what he thought i would pay being a boss, everybody thinks i what cheap but i dont just wanted the job done at a good price and right.
quick question what does an upside down V followed by B.CAAC it's on an item i am looking at buying is that how the lev is (bg)
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:15 am

An upside down v is the letter"
L"
and B.CAAC translates as V.SAAS! You asked the right person as my Bulgarian alphabet is good and I can read Bulgarian but knowing what I have read is another matter.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14 am

Even with the builders here using every power tool under the sun, Dave using his, and using my electic oven for all my cooking and baking, including all our bread, a halogen heater for chilly times and the telly and computers on all the time, the biggest bill we have had has been 70 lev. It's usually about 50 or 60 without builders.

Sara

Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 am

I knew i Wasn't alone with the cost of my electric bill Equinus!Don't you find it odd how the electric bills can vary 0f over a 100%! And I am sure that the others only use aplliances that we use unless they have a cannibis farm going on:-)
Back to top Go down
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:43 am

they always say if someone going to do it, it's likely to be an ex copper, and lets face it, it fits inn, your close to Varna and bills are high and you have nothing to do when it snows look at the facts.

just kidding
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:31 am

You know I was talking to my mate on Skype a short while ago and the village he lives in the locals turn their water heater off at night thinking that they are saving electric.He has told them that if that element has to heat up a large tank of water every day it will take about two hours.If the water heater is left permantly on then it will kick in every day about four times for about 5 minutes each time which is a lot better than two hours a day.So just a thought if any of you are turning your water heater off at night as this will prove to be very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:44 am

Forgot about the water heater which serves the shower room and kitchen, that is on permanently too, need constant water as always cooking. The one in the other shower room is heated to very hot occasionally and run through.

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You know I was talking to my mate on Skype a short while ago and the village he lives in the locals turn their water heater off at night thinking that they are saving electric.He has told them that if that element has to heat up a large tank of water every day it will take about two hours.If the water heater is left permantly on then it will kick in every day about four times for about 5 minutes each time which is a lot better than two hours a day.So just a thought if any of you are turning your water heater off at night as this will prove to be very expensive.

Thanks for that Speedy I will give that a try we turn our water on for about an hour a day upstairs and downstairs so will leave it on and see what difference it makes to the bill

Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 am

Below link for electricity tariffs?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... rices_2013

If it helps, We save by getting rid of electric kettle, Water boiler off during the day an on through the night, washing machine and dishwasher programmed to run through the night.
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:33 pm

My bills for last 2 months 30 lev and 32 lev. I cook with gas, dont use the kettle or toaster and leave my boiler on all the time and use the washing machine once a month,i use energy saving light bulbs and have 1 fridge/freezer 2 laptops and 1 tv that are on most of the time.
I changed my bills some years back from company name to personal.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Energy Watchdog to Announce New Electricity Prices on July 31

The new prices of electricity will be announced on July 31at a sitting of the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (KEVR).

This was announced by the chairperson of KEVR Ivan Ivanov on Wednesday, daily Dnevnik reports.

Ivanov explained that in order for the new prices to be calculated, the parliament will need to adopt the amendments to the Energy Act.

In case the law is signed on Thursday, it will be promulgated in the state gazette on Friday, allowing the regulator to deliver its decision on the prices at the end of the month.

Ivanov added that the new prices of electricity will be lower than the ones foreseen in the bill, which had to enter into force on July 1.

He assured that the opposite trend - increase of the prices of electricity for households and businesses, was not to occur.

As regards the so-called “duty to society” tax, the chairperson of KEVR commented that nearly two years, the business has paid a price, which was nearly two and half times lower than the one paid by users.

Thus, the increase of the tax for firms represented a restoration of justice.

The tax includes the expenses on green energy, expenses on the energy coming from the co-generation of thermal power plants as well as expenses on the purchase of energy from the long-term contracts with the two US thermal power plants.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electricity prices   

Back to top Go down

Electricity prices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next