Share | 

question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nazdrav
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: question   Tue 30 Sep - 23:26

Has anyone bought or know of anyone who has bought in a gypsy village. If yes how did it go?
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: question   Wed 1 Oct - 11:03

Hi Naz

Yes, Chrissybg bought in a gypsy village Stratja in Sliven and lived there for 10 years. We went to visit her last year and we were amazed at the village as they had all new houses, the streests were clean and roads were good - It appears th gypsy community do all the work themselves and if Chrissybg needed wrk done they treated them fairly and do a good job. She has never had any problem with anyone, She spoke very highly of the village and has always felt safe there.

We bought in Jello Vovada in Sliven a village years ago, nother gypsy. When we went to visit the property was standing but now I understand it has been stripped of everything including bricks but not had the pictures yet. So everywhere is different. If we lived there I am sure it would be fine, from what I remember the village was ok, the people came out to meet and greet us.

nazdrav
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: question   Wed 1 Oct - 14:30

Thanks for that. We are looking at Varbovka which has a large amount of roma. Were the type who like to give everyone a chance. We will of course be installing a minimum of security shutters which we would do wherever we choose to go. Common sense when we only be there a few weeks a year. I have read that you can be made very welcome by roma as with anyone in Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
Chris

PostSubject: Re: question   Wed 1 Oct - 17:39

There was quite a large Roma population when we lived in Kotel. Never had any problems with them. They were also used by the entire town when general labouring work was required. Always worked hard for their money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball

PostSubject: Re: question   Wed 1 Oct - 18:17

I got a municipality tax bill recently for the Sliven property I did not understand what it was so had to show a few people and they all laughted when they saw the village name Jello Vavoda because it is a now gypsy village unfortunately there is some kiind of disruption between the Bulgarians and the Roma. They had nothing good to say about the village only get out of there. Thankfully I am not one to listen to stupility and told them so. I also told them we support a gypsy village in Dobrich - funny how everyone goes quiet g

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question   

Back to top Go down

question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1