Share | 

Queens New year and Birthday honours list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 8:45 am

Carrying on from Bernie's latest award ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from her municipality I think it's time that I mentioned here that Bryan (Willowsend) had put Bernie forward for the  Queens New year and Birthday honours list which he worked so hard to achieve over a good year plus and all the time keeping it a secret from her, he managed to contact so many of her friends and some of the people/donors that she works so tirelessly with to make the lives of the children in Bulgaria that much better. Anyway I will say no more and hopefully Bryan will be a long to add more. g

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 8:50 am

Well that's great news to think that one of our members has been put forward for such a great recognition although I think it should have been do a long time a go she deserves it more than some I have seen on these lists in the past, looking forward to hearing from Brian about this and how it went. T
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 8:59 am

How wonderful to read this not that she doesn't deserve it because if anyone does she does; Our Berni that is. There are so many I read about in the past who in my opinion shouldn't get it but here is one sweet lady that does, lets hope its a success.
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 am

The best people in the world are those who are honest and hard-working (Bernie). If they were not in abundance humanity on earth would be nothing but a talking ape.
True honour defined - 'No man can give it and none can take it away.' but this would be a recognition more than an award for all her hard work and love towards those who are in need.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 9:45 am

Hello fellow members. I think I ought to come in here and update the situation, but first of all I would like to thank Ashley for bringing this topic to the forum members

I put in the first application in the year 2012 so that it would be applicable for recognition in the 2012/13 New Year list. The application then went to the 2013 Queen's Birthday list and lastly to 2013/14 New Years list. I have not received any notification of approval from the application submitted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so I think it is now fair to assume that our Berni has not received what we think she deserves more than some of the people who do get recognised

I will enlarge upon this post with information later, but in the mean time I didn't want the members to get the wrong idea's T
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 10:26 am

Well done Brian, its a great shame on our nation that she hasn't been recognized but not to worry her recognition is well know through out Bg and probably most of the uk. Looking forward to reading more from you about how you went about this.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 10:41 am

Wow at first I though about time too but then as I read on my heart began to sink, what wrong with our country when they can't see the good that someone has done such as Berni who has changed the lives of so many for so long but they are happy to give recognition to someone like Esther Rantzen who has admitted she knew what Jimmy Saville was up to while she ran Childline gets an award? It's absolutely extraordinary that Rantzen would be honoured for her "services to children" when she was part of the Jimmy Savile cover-up. It's like giving Obama a Nobel Peace Prize for...oh, wait, er..............................................................
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 11:24 am

Great news once again Angry The Nasty Party ignore the real heroes the ordinary people who realy derseve it, well done Berni you get my award everytime
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Don't think I know of a more deserving person than this lady she has worked so hard and selflessly for many years now, well BA**S the the states she is a lady of honour on here and always will be!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 2:13 pm

Willowsend well done to you sir for your efforts , its a shame that they didn't honor Berni as she should be but I guess that's the world we live in where money and stardom is more important than what people do to help others. I don't have a problem with there being an Honours List but I don't understand why there are always so many? And in particular I don't get actors and musicians? Or anyone who's activity leads to them being extremely wealthy for that matter because I tend to believe that (while I don't begrudge them) it's fairly certain that they aren't doing it for the love of the job as Berni does for so many.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Tue May 05, 2015 2:30 pm

It's always members of the entertainment industry who seem to be the main recipients of the British patronage system these days - even those who are tax exiles living in mansions in LA. Meanwhile doctors, nurses, teachers, social workers etc keep what is left of our public services going against all the odds. Personally I do not give a ***** who is a dame or has an MBE or, worse still, receives a knighthood. Ludicrous system and grossly unfair which is made obvious here. So here is my award to Berni

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

s
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Wed May 06, 2015 7:56 am

I'll second that Daisy . I've never thought much of the queens awards and think that this just goes to show what they are worth which is very little. Berni is our queen of queens.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Wed May 06, 2015 8:11 am

Well first of all 'Good on you Brian for trying'   As you say Brian she does deserve more than some that can be mentioned and some of them criminals too . But for berni some of the children in Bg and others would not now have a better life she has changed the way their future looks forever and this is something that should have be given a notation of somesort by those in power but it seems they are only interested in those with money or those who are already famous for kicking a ball around . Anyway Berni you get my vote and if it were upto me I would have put you on the list as being the only deserving person. :Fantastic:
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Wed May 06, 2015 8:42 am

Good Morning Everyone
To continue and add a little more information regarding the Honours System and my application for Berni to the Honours Committee, who in turn make a decision which goes to the Prime Minister and then on to the Queen

I am obviously very disappointed that the Committee did not see fit to honour our Berni as the application I sent in covered the fact that her dedicated work made a big difference to many, young and old and was enhancing Britain's reputation in Bulgaria. Her unselfish attitude changed many things with the emphasis on achievement and improving life for people less able to help themselves

A little about the actual application. It is sixteen pages long and all the information submitted has to be spot on and correct
i.e. full name and address, date of birth, marital status and family, actively working and for who and so on, so you can imagine how difficult that is when it has got to be kept a total secret. I am not going to disclose any names but I can say that I did get support from the Peterborough Newspaper, The Bulgarian/British Chamber of Commerce, our own Admin Ashley and Moderator Chris through the forum and a number of influential people in Bulgaria

I worked on this for eighteen months and put together an application that I thought would not fail to be recognised
Along with the application I sent some extremely good information about all the different major sponsors who were supporting Berni, the different things that Berni did to raise money and the fact that she used the forum to promote sponsorship for new bunk beds and bicycles etc. This woman is super human, and I don't want to leave Dougie out here as he is a great supporting role

It was a large package that I sent off and it contained many stories about the success and dedication to The Silistra Orphanage Project  http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com/ As I went out to Bulgaria to attend the Garden Party every September I had access to all the photographs I took so was able to make up an impressive album. Being on site allowed me to make discreet enquiries and get under cover information (Secret Service)

I don't know how Berni will take all this as she has never been one for hogging the limelight, if she is embarrassed or hates me for doing this, frankly I don't care a dam because in my eyes and many others Berni YOU ARE A STAR and you should have been recognised thorough the British Honours System T and God Bless
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   Wed May 06, 2015 9:06 am

Thanks for the update Brian you certainly have put a lot in to this and I as a memeber on the forum would like to say T  for trying to show the world what a wonderfull person Berni is which as seen above is obvious so maybe she dosn't need it and her reward will be from God himslf who realisticaly is the only one that can give and takeaway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queens New year and Birthday honours list   

Back to top Go down

Queens New year and Birthday honours list

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next