HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 TV Firestick or Android box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6965
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: TV Firestick or Android box    Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Well now I am not sure what we need to get now. We bought one of those sat dish signal finder and found some channels basically the same as we had really only got a better signal so still 5 movie channels but all the same 2 movies for men showing the same fims an hour after each other same with more than movies and the horrow channel are all repeats too.

So now we have the internet I was thinking of getting one of the following

A TV Firestick

or

An TV Android Box

Both can be bought from ebay in the UK and apparently plugged into the TV and away you go. But is it that easy. On Facebook someone is selling a magic boxes at £130 which I am told are the same as the Android box that starts from £40 fully loaded ... So what are you thoughts please.. c

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
justbazz
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 976
Join date : 2015-07-16
Age : 69
Location : Plovdiv

PostSubject: subject   Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:52 pm

You totally lose me with talk of these gizmos...I use Bulsatcom and they supply the dish and both the boxes we have (allows both the TV sets to be on different channels at the same time). We always get perfect reception except during really severe thunderstorms and that only occurs for 10 minutes or so.

We can and do receive about 95 channels and it sets us back around 23 leva per month (the extra box is 2.50 per month), but can be cheaper.
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi

I have both, i bought the android box fully loaded fom e-bay for £45 and have deleted xbmc/kodi on it many times to create a build that suits my viewing, i bought the firestick for £35 from Argos and for the flexibility option, its easy to unplug from one tv to another in other rooms, just make sure your tv`s have hdmi slots, the firestick will need a bit reconfiguring, but nothing thats not too difficult, thier are many step by step tutorials on you tube.

I would opt for the firestick!

Never pay £130 for either, its a rip off!

BGIan
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6965
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:50 pm

BGIan wrote:
Hi

I have both, i bought the android box fully loaded fom e-bay for £45 and have deleted xbmc/kodi on it many times to create a build that suits my viewing, i bought the firestick for £35 from Argos and for the flexibility option, its easy to unplug from one tv to another in other rooms, just make sure your tv`s have hdmi slots, the firestick will need a bit reconfiguring, but nothing thats not too difficult, thier are many step by step tutorials on you tube.

I would opt for the firestick!

Never pay £130 for either, its a rip off!

BGIan

Thanks a million BGIan will get them when I go back to UK next month g Then I WILL be on the phone to you to tell me how to set them up

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6965
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:07 pm

justbazz wrote:
You totally lose me with talk of these gizmos...I use Bulsatcom and they supply the dish and both the boxes we have (allows both the TV sets to be on different channels at the same time). We always get perfect reception except during really severe thunderstorms and that only occurs for 10 minutes or so.

We can and do receive about 95 channels and it sets us back around 23 leva per month (the extra box is 2.50 per month), but can be cheaper.

Aparently the normal dish for bulsat will not give us English channels where we are so they suggested 2 dishes and 77lev a month so told them go fly a kite

We now have a 1.2mt dish but still can only get 5 film channels movies for men and more than movies duplicates or each other really. I now have internet so need someone to come and set up one of the laptop to the tv tied it but it is buffering all the time so gave up on that.

This is the tv firestick [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and this is the Android box [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user
avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Quote :
We now have a 1.2mt dish but still can only get 5 film channels movies for men and more than movies duplicates or each other really. I now have internet so need someone to come and set up one of the laptop to the tv tied it but it is buffering all the time so gave up on that.

Hi, have you tried to watch filmon via your laptop? Do you know what internet speed you have? if not try this site, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you will need 6mbps minimum for streaming via laptop,Android or firestick.

BGIan
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6965
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:38 pm

BGIan wrote:
Quote :
We now have a 1.2mt dish but still can only get 5 film channels movies for men and more than movies duplicates or each other really. I now have internet so need someone to come and set up one of the laptop to the tv tied it but it is buffering all the time so gave up on that.

Hi, have you tried to watch filmon via your laptop? Do you know what internet speed you have? if not try this site, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you will need 6mbps minimum for streaming via laptop,Android or firestick.

BGIan

Not sure [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ran the test and the resluts are below, looks like the upload speed is too low.  I go on filmon but could not access films although could see some tv programmes

test 1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just did another test How come they differ so much
test 2
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
justbazz
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 976
Join date : 2015-07-16
Age : 69
Location : Plovdiv

PostSubject: s   Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:25 pm

oddball wrote:
justbazz wrote:
You totally lose me with talk of these gizmos...I use Bulsatcom and they supply the dish and both the boxes we have (allows both the TV sets to be on different channels at the same time). We always get perfect reception except during really severe thunderstorms and that only occurs for 10 minutes or so.

We can and do receive about 95 channels and it sets us back around 23 leva per month (the extra box is 2.50 per month), but can be cheaper.

Aparently the normal dish for bulsat will not give us English channels where we are so they suggested 2 dishes and 77lev a month so told them go fly a kite

We now have a 1.2mt dish but still can only  get 5 film channels movies for men and more than movies duplicates or each other really.   I now have internet so need someone to come and set up one of the laptop to the tv tied it but it is buffering all the time so gave up on that.

This is the tv firestick  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-AMAZON-FIRE-TV-STICK-/262044485447?hash=item3d03118747

and this is the Android box  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KODI-XBMC-Smart-Android-TV-Box-Quad-Core-Fully-Loaded-5G-M8-Wireless-Keyboard-/181786724382?hash=item2a5355481e



OK, different horses for different courses....I have no interest whatsoever in watching UK television, apart from the BBC news. A couple of BG news channels, CNN, Al Jazerra and a Greek channel or two suits me fine. I have no problem getting news from OZ on my PC or laptop at any time of the day.....not much else on TV interests me at all. My daughter is a bit of a fan and has lots to choose from, in Bulgarian, English, Greek, Turkish, Russian and Romanian....all of which she speaks fluently....the rest of the family live a normal life.

I hope you find something to keep you happy Bernie...sorry I couldn't help you.
Back to top Go down
stigofthedump
Senior user
Senior user
avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:42 pm

You could try this

Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6965
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:03 pm

T [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will have a look into this one too g

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6965
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:27 am

Morning Guys

Well I have ordered the following item from Ebay so we can give it a try, we have tried everything else so hopefully this one more items will work. It is a KODI XBMC MXQ Android TV Box Quad Core Media Player Fully Loaded Free Film Sport‏. Just have to work out how to set it up next wish me


_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:48 am

Hi Berni
You might find this helpful???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Luck

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6965
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:24 pm


Oh Fab, got my tablet today and guess what!!!! Yes i worked out how to set it up La Am i clever or what wow Just need to sort out how to set up a microsoft account now it keeps rejection all the email address so far, will have another play tomorrow.

Also got the Kodi box but not even looked at that yet - but it is nicely wrapped up will probably leave that way until I go back to BG. g The set up links is great [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks you so much.

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6965
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:56 am

Oh I am so very excited this morning Thank you to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the link to the MXQ TV box. I brought back the box from the UK and left it sitting there for a week then thought, Oh heck lets get on with it and try fixing it up. You all know how clever I am with tech stuff Well to my amazement I played the link and followed it step by step, diverted a few times but got back again and low and behold we now have ENTERTAINMENT from all over the world including movies, drama, and full UK live tv. Wonderful eh!!

Thanks Bill you are a star Two happy bunnies today xx

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Your welcome, glad it helped, surprising what you can do when you know how??
with all that entertainment I expect you will need to pries him out of his seat to get work done now

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TV Firestick or Android box    

Back to top Go down
 

TV Firestick or Android box

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» GPS - android phone APP for FREE !!
» Android Tablet / Bose Companion 3 - Trade for Website Design Work.
» Flash player on Android tablet
» New Iphone & Ipad app for SFG.
» iPod app

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Computing, Internet, Mobile phones, TV and Satellite-