HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 Driving Licence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user


Posts : 962
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Driving Licence   Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just thought i would pass a little information on.if you have an accident while driving on an Engish Licence,and it involves a penalty,ie points,they are unable to take points off your English Licence.a little differant to England a Bulgarian licence starts with points on it,if you have an incident then they take points off,when your at zero,your banned.anyway back to the point if you have an accident they cant do anything with your licence,so what they do is force you to get a Bulgarian licence,so they then can take the points off,i would also like to add that although its a straight swap its just for a basic licence,ie if you have a motorbike licence thats extra tests to upgrade,also to enable you to tow a trailer,extra test,this has happened to my wife,we are just in the process of getting her licence,believe me its a nightmare all the paperwork,so all you guys be careful.


Mike
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user


Posts : 82
Join date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:37 am

I also had to get a Bulgarian driving licence after my UK license which due to medical reasons I was only allowed a 3 yr one. Which then meant I had to be reviewed.

However we had moved to BG before the term was up, When I phoned DVLA to ask for my renewal forms to be sent here I was told as I was living in Bulgaria I was not entitled to have a UK licence anymore and that I would need to apply to the BG authorities for a Bulgarian one.
I did argue the fact that my licence had the little European logo and that I was entitled to have it and use it here I was told point blank that I was not entitled to use it as in the symbol was a UK stamp and was only entitled to have it If I was resident of the UK.

As I was now a resident of BG I would have to apply here.
The procedure was simple, I was first required to get a colour blind test from my local doctor and a fit to drive test this cost me 10 leva if I remember rightly.
Then a visit to get passport pictures taken another 5 leva
Then up to the Kat office to obtain the forms which we filled in and submitted and was told my licence would be ready in 1 month's time cost 40 leva

You are then given your licence which has 39 points on it and for every offense committed points are taken off, unlike in the UK when points are added on.
but once you reach zero on your BG one then that's it there is no licence after that!!!!!
jenny
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:13 am

Requirements in Sliven KAT were a bit different.

As well as the vision test they wanted, I also had to get a 'psych' test.

This involved going to see a psychiatrist ... she asked me if there had been any mental illness in my family history. I reply No. She asks if I suffer with mental problems. I answer No. She stamps a bit of paper and I hand over 10 leva - sorted!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
mickhev
Super user
Super user


Posts : 962
Join date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:53 pm

The special number plate it a temp one issued by KAT to enable you to drive there legal,only cost a few Lev



Mike
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user


Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:51 pm

bobski wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
bobski wrote:
now that would be telling....which i aint going to do!!!!



bobski.


So if you not gona tell people how to do it or the cost why bother posting it, or maybe its just a winde up

hi marlyn.

no its not a wind up...this is the truth.

i happen to know someone at the "
TOP"
...the special plate has certain numbers...these are known to the police &
are also used by the men in black....i was given a phone number to store in my phone just incase i do get pulled by the police &
told to ring the number then hand the phone over to the policeman.....the cost of this i am not going to reveal (but it aint cheap).

as with all things in BG...its who you know &
how much your willing to spend.

bobski.

Ok i will take you at your word but i must just say i dont see the point of posting that you have them if they are only available to you it smacks a bit of just showing off, look at me look what i have that sort of rubbish. I hope you dont take offense i just think if its as illegal as it sounds you should not broadcast it on any site you never know who is reading.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1122
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Ok i will take you at your word but i must just say i dont see the point of posting that you have them if they are only available to you it smacks a bit of just showing off, look at me look what i have that sort of rubbish. I hope you dont take offense i just think if its as illegal as it sounds you should not broadcast it on any site you never know who is reading.


I think you have something here I to don't see any point in saying something like this on an open forum if your not prepared to let all know how to do this even if via pm?
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 7050
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Sat May 01, 2010 2:00 am



Hi Guys

I am sure I read somewhere that you do not have to change your licence to Bulgarian licence any more now that Bulgarian joined the EU. Will have a look around and see if I can find it

Oddy

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Sat May 01, 2010 8:02 am

If you hold the two part UK licence,it has the EU symbol in top left corner, UK in EU and so now is Bulgaria so below is applicable?? or is it

EU-Issued Licence
Valid licences issued in an EU member state/EEA or in Switzerland are valid in Bulgaria indefinitely.

There is no obligation for the licence to be exchanged for a Bulgarian one, although the licence-holder may if they choose to. The licence may be exchanged - without having to pass a driving test - by anyone who has a permanent or a long-stay residence status in Bulgaria.

A foreigner resident in Bulgaria may be required to exchange their driving licence for a Bulgarian one if they commit a driving offense and the infringement requires that points must be taken from the licence.

Ref
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you are involved in an accident the police can request you change your licence,as point system works in reverse here
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 7050
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Sat May 01, 2010 5:14 pm



There you go - knew I read it somewhere c Thanks Bill g

Oddy s

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2267
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 61
Location : Paskalevets

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I also had to get a Bulgarian driving licence after my UK license which due to medical reasons I was only allowed a 3 yr one. Which then meant I had to be reviewed.

However we had moved to BG before the term was up, When I phoned DVLA to ask for my renewal forms to be sent here I was told as I was living in Bulgaria I was not entitled to have a UK licence anymore and that I would need to apply to the BG authorities for a Bulgarian one.
I did argue the fact that my licence had the little European logo and that I was entitled to have it and use it here I was told point blank that I was not entitled to use it as in the symbol was a UK stamp and was only entitled to have it If I was resident of the UK.

As I was now a resident of BG I would have to apply here.
The procedure was simple, I was first required to get a colour blind test from my local doctor and a fit to drive test this cost me 10 leva if I remember rightly.
Then a visit to get passport pictures taken another 5 leva
Then up to the Kat office to obtain the forms which we filled in and submitted and was told my licence would be ready in 1 month's time cost 40 leva

You are then given your licence which has 39 points on it and for every offense committed points are taken off, unlike in the UK when points are added on.
but once you reach zero on your BG one then that's it there is no licence after that!!!!!
jenny

I need to get a BG Driving Licence and would like a member of the forum to advise me of the criteria. I can hand over my UK licence no problem, albeit I am now just over 70 years of age. Can I get a Residency without owning a property in BG is the main question. I fit the criteria medically although Annette sometimes wonders if I am a bit batty and my passport pictures would be wonderful.

Thanks oddy for bringing this post to my attention.

s s
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 821
Join date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:20 am

Got this information from a friend of mine hope it helps


Ok, Exchanging GB licence for BG licence, Yambol, other areas may differ. Go to a Stationary shop get the eye test form. Then off to your Doctor, he makes sure your still alive and gives you an Eye test, he/she fills it all in and the all important stamp. You photo copy it and take it to KAT. Find the licence counter, hand over the form along with, whatever form of ID you have. If long stay, passport required if photo Lichna Karta passport not required. All accompanied by your existing GB licence, which they scan and give you back. The lady at the counter will spend some time trying to explain to you that they will only exchange your GB licence for one that limits you to driving a 3.5 ton vehicle.If you want to drive above that you have to go through all sorts of stuff including a nutters test.They then take your photo, unless you have Lichna Karta, in which case your photo is on file. You then dish out 20 Levs,off home and come back in a month.A month passes and back to KAT, hand over the receipt they gave you plus your GB licence. They give you your new photo BG drivers licence and send your GB one back to Swansea.
Back to top Go down
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 7050
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Got this information from a friend of mine hope it helps


Ok, Exchanging GB licence for BG licence, Yambol, other areas may differ. Go to a Stationary shop get the eye test form. Then off to your Doctor, he makes sure your still alive and gives you an Eye test, he/she fills it all in and the all important stamp. You photo copy it and take it to KAT. Find the licence counter, hand over the form along with, whatever form of ID you have. If long stay, passport required if photo Lichna Karta passport not required. All accompanied by your existing GB licence, which they scan and give you back. The lady at the counter will spend some time trying to explain to you that they will only exchange your GB licence for one that limits you to driving a 3.5 ton vehicle.If you want to drive above that you have to go through all sorts of stuff including a nutters test.They then take your photo, unless you have Lichna Karta, in which case your photo is on file. You then dish out 20 Levs,off home and come back in a month.A month passes and back to KAT, hand over the receipt they gave you plus your GB licence. They give you your new photo BG drivers licence and send your GB one back to Swansea.

Well done Sal you are a star g

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2267
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 61
Location : Paskalevets

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Got this information from a friend of mine hope it helps


Ok, Exchanging GB licence for BG licence, Yambol, other areas may differ. Go to a Stationary shop get the eye test form. Then off to your Doctor, he makes sure your still alive and gives you an Eye test, he/she fills it all in and the all important stamp. You photo copy it and take it to KAT. Find the licence counter, hand over the form along with, whatever form of ID you have. If long stay, passport required if photo Lichna Karta passport not required. All accompanied by your existing GB licence, which they scan and give you back. The lady at the counter will spend some time trying to explain to you that they will only exchange your GB licence for one that limits you to driving a 3.5 ton vehicle.If you want to drive above that you have to go through all sorts of stuff including a nutters test.They then take your photo, unless you have Lichna Karta, in which case your photo is on file. You then dish out 20 Levs,off home and come back in a month.A month passes and back to KAT, hand over the receipt they gave you plus your GB licence. They give you your new photo BG drivers licence and send your GB one back to Swansea.

Many thanks sallyann will see how I get on when I am next over in BG. Sounds real interesting !!!

s s
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 714
Join date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Driving License   Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 pm

What Sally has said here is about right but unfortunately in Bulgaria there isn't any rule of thumb? you may find its completely different depending where you go and who you see.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2267
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 61
Location : Paskalevets

PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Got this information from a friend of mine hope it helps


Ok, Exchanging GB licence for BG licence, Yambol, other areas may differ. Go to a Stationary shop get the eye test form. Then off to your Doctor, he makes sure your still alive and gives you an Eye test, he/she fills it all in and the all important stamp. You photo copy it and take it to KAT. Find the licence counter, hand over the form along with, whatever form of ID you have. If long stay, passport required if photo Lichna Karta passport not required. All accompanied by your existing GB licence, which they scan and give you back. The lady at the counter will spend some time trying to explain to you that they will only exchange your GB licence for one that limits you to driving a 3.5 ton vehicle.If you want to drive above that you have to go through all sorts of stuff including a nutters test.They then take your photo, unless you have Lichna Karta, in which case your photo is on file. You then dish out 20 Levs,off home and come back in a month.A month passes and back to KAT, hand over the receipt they gave you plus your GB licence. They give you your new photo BG drivers licence and send your GB one back to Swansea.

Thanks sallyann can you tell me what the criteria is for obtaining a Residency in BG.

T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Driving Licence   

Back to top Go down
 

Driving Licence

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 Similar topics

-
» When driving in the Snow
» What you driving
» Winter Driving Tips
» Driving to Poland with staffy.
» 9 week staffy,my first dog,love her but driving me mad!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Traveling in Bulgaria and Vehicle Related Information Repairs,Fuel etc.-